Sign in to follow this  
Guest aileron2992

Miscellaneous downloads "OSDetect/Fix" and "Panel.cfg Mods"

Guest Andrej_Babis_KVRB

Hello,---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) OSDetect/Fix: Finds/Fixes folder permission problems for FSX MD-11 Installations. 2) Panel.cfg Mods: Alternate Panel.cfg files to allow Captain's DUs to be undockable.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1) Is everyone supposed to run the "OSDetect/Fix" app after first installing MD11X? If not, is it ok to run it just in case I do have folder permission problems that I didn't become aware of yet? Just being extra careful that's all.... 2) If someone could enlighten a n00b on what a Captain's "DU" is, would also be appreciated, and what the benefit is of undocking it. Andrej

DU= display unit... the primary flight display, the navigational display...Undocking would allow someone to use the zoomed display and move it to another point, as on a second monitor for an extended desktop, or possibly in a different hardware setup... as it currently is, you can click on the display to enlarge it, but you cannot move it to any where else on the screen, as a further click on the display minimizes it back to the panel...Can't help you specifically with the first question, as I do not use the MD in FSX...Andrew