Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Good Miami intl. scenery for FS9?

Heya guys,Apart from FlyTampa's scenery, which is quite old, is there a good quality Miami intl. Airport scenery around? I haven't been able to locate one, which is a pain. I want to fly there with Surinam Airways, and fly around with American Airlines between Miami and destinations such as St. Maarten (it's nice to have it, but to fly only long haul from there to Europe with KLM or Air France seems a bit boring to me, ya know...). Hope anybody can help me. Payware or freeware, it's all okay with me.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I assume you've incorporated the 2005 update (free) from Fly Tampa described and available here:http://flytampa.org/downloads.htmlYou can use AFCAD to modify gate assignments for new AI if you wish if they are needed.

Heya guys,Apart from FlyTampa's scenery, which is quite old, is there a good quality Miami intl. Airport scenery around? I haven't been able to locate one, which is a pain. I want to fly there with Surinam Airways, and fly around with American Airlines between Miami and destinations such as St. Maarten (it's nice to have it, but to fly only long haul from there to Europe with KLM or Air France seems a bit boring to me, ya know...). Hope anybody can help me. Payware or freeware, it's all okay with me.

I assume you've incorporated the 2005 update (free) from Fly Tampa described and available here:http://flytampa.org/downloads.htmlYou can use AFCAD to modify gate assignments for new AI if you wish if they are needed.
No, never seen that update... Wow. Should I get FlyTampa's Miami you think? Can you maybe name an airport to which it is comparable in quality after the update is applied? For example, is it like their Vienna LOWW scenery? Or is their an Aerosoft scenery that would resemble it?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

FlyTampa calls FlyMiami "Legacy" for a reason. It does not stand up to LOWW or other recent quality sceneries. I still use it, but I probably wouldn't buy it today.

Mike...

I acquired it in the Aerosoft packaged bundle a couple of years ago. I haven't looked at it lately. Aerosft is selling the four airport collection out at about $15 plus shipping boxed:http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...7092050,FS02253If you get this be sure to go to flytampa's download link and apply each legacy airport update.

FlyTampa calls FlyMiami "Legacy" for a reason. It does not stand up to LOWW or other recent quality sceneries. I still use it, but I probably wouldn't buy it today.

I'm sorry, I tend not to purchase boxed stuff... But I'll keep it in mind, if I ever bump into it. It is very cheap, I must say. At FlyTampa's site I'd pay 20 euros for it, and I'd only get KMIA!

Benjamin van Soldt