Sign in to follow this  
Guest Christoph

Skysimulations Douglas DC-9

Guest Christoph

The Skysimulations DC-9 is a wonderful plane, not quite a PMDG, but my favourite classic. Although it works quite well on my system, there are some little bits and pieces that need fixing in order to turn this excellent bird into a gem. However, since there's no support forum and nobody has mentioned this product any longer, I started worrying. Can anyone tell me any news? Is the company still alive? Is there an update for the FS9 bird? How about some more textures. How about that Aero Mexico livery that is presented on the homepage? How about some more classic 60/70s liveries like TWA, Swissair, Austrian, Republic, etc., just to name a few?In the meantime, I'm flying in and out of KMSP and KORD, or in that beautiful 80s Swissair livery the work horse routes in Europe out of LZSH. That plane is a lot of fun, especially for short routes if you haven't got enough time to program an FMC. I can only recommend it to all the classic lovers.Christoph

The Skysimulations DC-9 is a wonderful plane, not quite a PMDG, but my favourite classic. Although it works quite well on my system, there are some little bits and pieces that need fixing in order to turn this excellent bird into a gem. However, since there's no support forum and nobody has mentioned this product any longer, I started worrying. Can anyone tell me any news? Is the company still alive? Is there an update for the FS9 bird? How about some more textures. How about that Aero Mexico livery that is presented on the homepage? How about some more classic 60/70s liveries like TWA, Swissair, Austrian, Republic, etc., just to name a few?In the meantime, I'm flying in and out of KMSP and KORD, or in that beautiful 80s Swissair livery the work horse routes in Europe out of LZSH. That plane is a lot of fun, especially for short routes if you haven't got enough time to program an FMC. I can only recommend it to all the classic lovers.Christoph
Christoph,I can't answer about whether the company is alive or not. Their website is still up and running. I would agree that their lack of a support forum is hugely annoying since they have not responded to one of my emails to them. Regarding repaints, I will be posting the -30,-40 and -50 with new Delta colors within the next few days. I love flying the DC-9 and I agree that for the most part, this aircraft is very well done.Eric

Guest Christoph
Christoph,I can't answer about whether the company is alive or not. Their website is still up and running. I would agree that their lack of a support forum is hugely annoying since they have not responded to one of my emails to them. Regarding repaints, I will be posting the -30,-40 and -50 with new Delta colors within the next few days. I love flying the DC-9 and I agree that for the most part, this aircraft is very well done.Eric
Excellent, thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to your new textures. Hope there will be more to come. It's such a nice plane, and it has worked for me right from the start. Of course, there are some little bugs that need be fixed, but on the whole it is fun. That's why I'm surprised that not a lot of people seem to care about this plane. But hey, the DC-9 was the work-horse for many major airlines from the 60s to early 90s, and with Northwest/Delta still flying.Chris

Excellent, thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to your new textures. Hope there will be more to come. It's such a nice plane, and it has worked for me right from the start. Of course, there are some little bugs that need be fixed, but on the whole it is fun. That's why I'm surprised that not a lot of people seem to care about this plane. But hey, the DC-9 was the work-horse for many major airlines from the 60s to early 90s, and with Northwest/Delta still flying.Chris
Hello ChristophThe SkySimulations DC-9 is a gem, one of the best releases this year.Email those bugs to the support email,I have always found they respond quickly

Guest Christoph
Thanks a lot Eric. I've already taken your new textures for a ride, from KMSP to KORD. Finally some more skins. Are you going to do some more?Christoph
Hello ChristophThe SkySimulations DC-9 is a gem, one of the best releases this year.Email those bugs to the support email,I have always found they respond quickly
It's a gem, isn't it. Thanks mad dog, I'll try that. Just did a flight from LSZH to EGLL. Everything on 100% and it was a VC flight. Just great.Chris

This plane seems to be quite "heavy", systems wise. I was wondering: is there a way to save the panel state, too? Or do you have to do those long flights all in one go?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest Christoph

I must apologize for the delayed answer - Christmas is a busy time. :-) Well, I don't think that this plane is very heavy on the system. I always fly it from the vc and even in EGLL with everthing turned on 100% and hundreds of AI planes it is still flyable.The panel doesn't save everything, e.g. after reloading you must turn on the lights and the hydraulics again, but that's about it. I usually don't do very long legs with that plane. But I sometimes do approach and landing training and then the reload function can be important unless you have the time to do a go around.Christoph

I must apologize for the delayed answer - Christmas is a busy time. :-) Well, I don't think that this plane is very heavy on the system. I always fly it from the vc and even in EGLL with everthing turned on 100% and hundreds of AI planes it is still flyable.The panel doesn't save everything, e.g. after reloading you must turn on the lights and the hydraulics again, but that's about it. I usually don't do very long legs with that plane. But I sometimes do approach and landing training and then the reload function can be important unless you have the time to do a go around.Christoph
I actually meant that there are many systems to know, many which you have to learn to operate correctly, but the information you provided proved to be very useful, so thanks! I don't think I'll buy the plane, though. I just understood how nice automation is, and I feel I've had enough manual control for now. I'll go sit in a plane where you have to switch two buttons only before stuff starts to come online :-P

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks a lot Eric. I've already taken your new textures for a ride, from KMSP to KORD. Finally some more skins. Are you going to do some more?ChristophSorry for the late response Christoph. I guess I forgot to check the box for notifying me of email updates to the thread. I don't have anything in the works right now since I normally only fly NWA/Delta flightplans. I usually hit some aircraft repaints between scenery updates I do. I have now focused my attention to redoing some smaller airports I visited over Thanksgiving: Gillette Wyoming and Miles City Montana.Eric