Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

FS9 GPS and another question

Guest BobKK

Can any of you who have flown FS2004 comment on the two provided Garmin GPSs. In particular, are they easy to read, and how tough is the learning curve to feel comfortable using them?A totally unrelated question: Has the blurry texture issue from FS2002 been resolved?Thanks for any and all info.Bob K

The GPS's are very easy to read. There's a learning curve, but the online help is very good. I love both of them, and see them as replacements for the GPS's I used to favor--Flight1's and Dreamfleet's.Blurry textures? That's so dang tough to answer. I recently upgraded my RAM to 384 megs, and it all but cured the blurries on both sims. FS2004 "seems" better than FS2002, but having just said my FS2002 blurries are all but gone, someone will still come in and say they get them in spades. After my recent upgrade, I am more convinced than ever that the blurries are aggravated by non MSFS factors.What I can say is I am very pleased in the way that FS2004 provides a realistic depiction of what the ground should look like at all altitudes. I do see differences in ground clarity--I'd call them improvements. But the texture sets are also different, so it's hard to compare side by side...Sorry for the broad, elusive answer. But it eludes me on how to answer the question accurately....