Sign in to follow this  
Guest musicman323

NAV radio tuning for ILS approach

Guest musicman323

Hello,Can anyone give me instructions on how to find and tune the NAV radios so I can perform a ILS approach and landing with the 747-400?Thanks

Hello,Can anyone give me instructions on how to find and tune the NAV radios so I can perform a ILS approach and landing with the 747-400?Thanks
The nav radio is in the FMC, see page 47 of FMC MANUAL.I can't follow it, hope you have better luck.The setting for ILS all happens automatically IF you have created a flight plan. If you are just flying around manually and want to do an ILS landing, I can't figure out how.Hope someone can enlighten us.

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 4.1GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
Asus 32in monitor 2560*1440

The nav radio is in the FMC, see page 47 of FMC MANUAL.I can't follow it, hope you have better luck.The setting for ILS all happens automatically IF you have created a flight plan. If you are just flying around manually and want to do an ILS landing, I can't figure out how.Hope someone can enlighten us.
Please sign your post with your full name as per Forum guidelines. The FMC will automatically tune the ILS when you choose the Runway that your landing on in the DEP/ARR page. If the ILS is different than what is in the FMC you can tune it manually on the NAV RAD page by typing in the freq and course where it says ILS. I'm going off of memory but the format should be FFF.F/CCC where F is the frequency and C is the course.

I'm going off of memory but the format should be FFF.F/CCC where F is the frequency and C is the course.
I think there's an extra number in the frequency, so it would be FFF.FF/CCC

I think there's an extra number in the frequency, so it would be FFF.FF/CCC
Thanks for that. I can now do ILS without a flight plan, been trying to do that for a whilePatrick Devlin

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 4.1GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
Asus 32in monitor 2560*1440