Sign in to follow this  
Guest pez_man

FS 2004 default flight dynamics any better?

Guest pez_man

Hi!I'm just curious how (if!) the flight dynamics has improved much in 2004? Especially if the learjet has improved, (the wobbly space rocket thing going on in 2002 wasn't quite as real as it got :-) )/fredrik

you can read a very lengthy thread on the subject. use "search".Michael J.

Guest jordan

The general motion physics of the game have vastly improved. In addition, they have made changes to the game to improve the amount of visual feedback you get concerning motion. So when you gain or lose altitude, or run up your airspeed for take-off, you will feel the movement better than ever before. Turns, and most other motions in flight are more fluid, and natural. This will apply to all aircraft. They have especially improved the physics of the helicopter. Because helicopters spend most of their time "low and slow" the sense of visual motion is especially important.As for the flight dynamics of each specific aircraft included in the package, I can't speak to the changes in all of them. Because I had not spent enough time in them before FS2004 to be an expert in the improvements (Except for maybe the King Air 350). I did play around in the J3 cub, and I can say that the flight dynamics are much more fluid and natural than in FS2002. Once again, this is probably more of me noticing the general improvements of the physics and flight dynamics, vs. the dynamics of any particular aircraft.The good news is that with the over-all improvements, any aircraft that we aren't happy with could most likely be updated or modified up to liking.

Guest pez_man

Yepp, I've read it. Not one word 'bout the Lear though... :-(rgrds/fredrik

Yes, I actually like flying the Lear now! Hated in in FS2K/FS2002, because of terrible pitch sensitivity. The VC is best of the defaults, and yet still frame rate friendly. Exterior looks great too.Another "star" is the Robinson R-22 helicopter. I could see that it had some great basic flight qualities right off the bat. Others who were skeptical because of a quick flight or no flight have now seen the light! It's probably the most real "feeling" helicopter in the flightsim world. People will make changes for their preferred sensitivity, but that's fine.L.Adamson

> They have>especially improved the physics of the helicopter. Because>helicopters spend most of their time "low and slow" the sense>of visual motion is especially important.>I didn't catch this part of your reply, until after writing mine. But I've read all your recent postings at HoverControl, and certainly do agree! As a beta-tester, I was starting to feel alone about the Robinson R-22 because of negative statements from regular helicopter users. But I felt that it had good characteristics of mass, weight, and dampening.......... and just felt great to hover, as well as transitioning from forward flight. It's now my favorite aircraft in FS2004 ----- period! But I might re-adjust the cyclic from 4.0 to 2.0 :)I'm a fixed wing pilot, and flew R/C helicopters for years, which at least gives me the basics & touch. I've been up in three different helicopter models, but not actually flown them. I'm glad to see that helicopter enthusiest's who are actually getting time with the R-22 are really appreciating it.L.Adamson

Guest Mike707

Wondering how the flight dynamics compare to those of X-Plane. Any comments would be appreciated.

>Wondering how the flight dynamics compare to those of>X-Plane. Any comments would be appreciated.I've never favored X-Planes flight dynamics. I am "biased" :). Fluid, but yet no "feel", built into it, to seperate large aircraft from the small ones. Check out this "chopper" post/replies. Especially mine & JComms.http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=2018&page=L.Adamson

Guest Mike707

Thanks for the link to the other post. Interesting I must say. Sounds like the R22 flight dynamics are great with a little tweaking. How about fixed wing aircraft. What are people's thoughts of fixed wing aircraft in MSFS 2004 compared to X-Plane.

Fredrik,Don't sweat it my friend, you and everyone else should be pleased as punch when you get your hands on the "new" General Aviation aircraft in FS2004. Are they absolutely perfect? Not hardly! Are they better? YES they're much much better!For the last 10 days I've been doing nothing but flight testing each and every GA and COF aircraft in FS2004 and when we post our (AVSIM's) review of FS2004/COF in the next couple of weeks, I think everyone will be quite surprised by what we've found, I know I was. Just to give a hint in the direction I'm going, when FS2002 was released, I kept FS2000 on my system for nearly 2 months afterwards (mostly because of all the payware aircraft and scenery I had added). I've only had the Beta/Gold versions of FS2004 for maybe 4 weeks, but I have already deleted FS2002 from my system. (did a quick re-install of FS2002 on another computer I have for some comparative testing only) This should tell you something, because I have spent 4 or 5 times as much money on addons for FS2002 (easily totalling over a $1,000USD) than I ever did for FS2000, but FS2004 will really spoil a person, believe me.Bear!

Guest pez_man

Mmmm, I really look forward to this, I'd better go off to hovercontrol now to find something to brush up my helicopter-skills in :-) Thanks!/fredrik