Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

ASX & Windows 7 (64bit) over netwok

I can't get it to work....Is there someone who can tell me in simple English what I do have to install and where that I have to install it?It's me that's stupid so indulge me?Luc Brusselmans

Luc,The best way is to follow the Network chapter in the ASX help document. Then come back and tell us what you have done. Also, lets keep things in one thread so we are not hopping back and forth!Thanks,

Jim,I have given up on asX over a network and I went back to the build-in weather engine of FS-X (I don't want to burden my main pc with another program).It is just to confusing for me it seems as I can't figure out where I do have to install things.Remember that English is not my main language and I find the instructions not always clear. (see my questions in my first post).thanks for having taken some time to look into thingsLuc BrusselmansBelgiumPS Jim,I looked into things through the available online manual. Is it correct that there is no troubleshooting section ...?

Hi Luc,I see you are trying to configure ASX in a network : if you are sure that you followed the ASX network configuration to the letter and have access to the 3 fsx shared folders than you can try to troubleshoot your configuration with the ASA manual on page 55 :there is a simconnect troubleshooting section in the ASA manual on page 55.if this is not succesfull I think than there is something not right with your installation of FSX (simconnect) if you own FSX and Acceleration there is no need to install all the simconnect versions (sp1 ...) :just install FSX and Acceleration :Acceleration takes care of both SP1 and SP2 in one shot (maybe that is the problem with your installation)If this does not help try to uninstall everything, use a registry cleaner and reinstall FSX and Acceleration

Patrick,thanks for the time you are willing to put into solving my problem(s).My main problem starts already with the installation of things.What do I have to install and where doI install it????- FSX on the main pc (that's clear)- Acceleration pack goes there too (obviously)But then...- SDK? Where the ********** do I have to install that, and which version? Do I install it on the server or on the client?Install logic would be:original FSX and SDKthenSP1 and SDK sp1athenAcceleration pack and SDKWhat can I do wrong about that?And I am not so sure about acceleration pack taking care of SP1.On a 32bit system I guess that's true but on a 64bit I am no sure that it works like announced.Maybe I will try again in a little while but after three full days of frustration I can take no more.Right now I love FS-9 and ASv6.5 (and fsuipc and wideFS) even moreLuc BrusselmansBelgium

Hi Luc,The ASX manual does not have a Troubleshooting chapter, but the Network chapter is here:http://was.hifisim.com/ASXDocumentation/networkedconfig.htmlThe SDKs are needed in order to be able to install SimConnect on the client computer. You don't need the SDKs on your server computer.That part is here:Configuring SimConnect Important requirements for networked configuration:

• FSX Deluxe version ONLY (standard does not include the SDK or required simconnect client installation files)
  • FSX Service Pack 1 update applied (http://www.fsinsider.com)
  • FSX SDK installed from FSX Deluxe Disk 1 (\SDK folder setup.exe)
  • FSX SDK SP1A update applied (http://www.fsinsider.com)

Please, please, please, if you decide to come back to this in the next few weeks, just post your questions here and there are many users who have successfully set this up before.Thanks,