Sign in to follow this  
Guest tjay

fmc errors

Guest tjay

Tom ChorleyHi can anyone assist with this error code (rnwy/app crs error) which appears in the FMC on approach after engaging APP?I'm not sure what it indicates as continuing with approach works OK even after this error message!I will be grateful for any indicators as to why or how This can be rectified.Tom

Tom ChorleyHi can anyone assist with this error code (rnwy/app crs error) which appears in the FMC on approach after engaging APP?I'm not sure what it indicates as continuing with approach works OK even after this error message!I will be grateful for any indicators as to why or how This can be rectified.Tom
Hi Tom - Make sure you have set the correct ILS CRS on the MCP, and that your NAV1 & NAV2 radios both have the correct ILS freq active. Also make sure that your aircraft is within the range of the ILS/LOC beam (check your DRMI's...they'll pick up the track) before you engage APP, after you've set the CRS and NAV radios. Good luck!Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest tjay
Hi Tom - Make sure you have set the correct ILS CRS on the MCP, and that your NAV1 & NAV2 radios both have the correct ILS freq active. Also make sure that your aircraft is within the range of the ILS/LOC beam (check your DRMI's...they'll pick up the track) before you engage APP, after you've set the CRS and NAV radios. Good luck!Jim
Hi JimThanks for reply, will check my settings on the MCP, I have tried several settings at different times but the message keeps appearing, I will double check those settings on next flight.being rather new to this FMC could you please clarify DRMI's, I believe it's something to do with localiser and GS becoming active? the manual is so overwhelming to a novice, your help is most appreciated.Tom

Hi JimThanks for reply, will check my settings on the MCP, I have tried several settings at different times but the message keeps appearing, I will double check those settings on next flight.being rather new to this FMC could you please clarify DRMI's, I believe it's something to do with localiser and GS becoming active? the manual is so overwhelming to a novice, your help is most appreciated.Tom
Don't worry, the autpilot will do his job following LOC and GS regardless of that message. VORs have 360 radials, but the ILS has only "one", it doesn't matter if you don't select the correct course in the MCP.Perhaps you have dialed a course (taken from some approach plate or from FS itself) which disagrees with the FMC data for that ILS.I think Jim is talking about the Radio Magnetic Indicator, at the bottom of the standby instruments.

Guest EXAir

I get this same problem. The aircraft will continue to follow the ILS and go through the approach normally, but when I initially press the APP button, I get the "rwy/app crs error" come up in the FMC. Every time this happens, I clear the message and don't see it again (until the next approach).I always have the crs and the ILS freq. set and will always cross reference it with the approach plate and the FMC, I still get this error. I'm pretty sure you don't need the ILS freq in both the Nav1 and Nav2. I'll often have a VOR tuned into Nav2 for go-around procedures.Aaron

I get this same problem. The aircraft will continue to follow the ILS and go through the approach normally, but when I initially press the APP button, I get the "rwy/app crs error" come up in the FMC. Every time this happens, I clear the message and don't see it again (until the next approach).I always have the crs and the ILS freq. set and will always cross reference it with the approach plate and the FMC, I still get this error. I'm pretty sure you don't need the ILS freq in both the Nav1 and Nav2. I'll often have a VOR tuned into Nav2 for go-around procedures.Aaron
You need NAV1 and NAV2 to fly the CATII and higher approaches and I believe it is procedurally required for autoland. Concerning the course, have you dialed in the course displayed on the APP page of the FMC?

Guest EXAir
You need NAV1 and NAV2 to fly the CATII and higher approaches and I believe it is procedurally required for autoland. Concerning the course, have you dialed in the course displayed on the APP page of the FMC?
I'm not flying a CATII in this instance though, I'm just flying a standard ILS approach. I have the crs and frequencies x-ref'd with both the plate and the FMC, so yes, it is correct. I will try tuning the ILS freq in both the Nav1 and Nav2 next time and see if that works. That shouldn't be the cause of the problem though, I've never had to tune it into both Nav1 and Nav2 for any other aircraft.

I'm not flying a CATII in this instance though, I'm just flying a standard ILS approach. I have the crs and frequencies x-ref'd with both the plate and the FMC, so yes, it is correct. I will try tuning the ILS freq in both the Nav1 and Nav2 next time and see if that works. That shouldn't be the cause of the problem though, I've never had to tune it into both Nav1 and Nav2 for any other aircraft.
Just to confirm, your dialing in the course here:If you are, maybe an issue with the airport information. Are you using add-on scenery?Also, forum rules require you sign your posts with your full name. If not the thread could be deleted.

Guest EXAir

Yes, that is where I am setting the course. This is happening for both add-on and default scenery.I'm using the 0912AIRAC so everything is up to date. It's not to much of a big deal for me, all I have to do is hit the clear button. I have heard of this happening to other people so I'm not the only one.Aaron Penner

You're right, it's not a biggy but the expected CRS is that displayed on the approach page even though it might be different from the course value in MSFS. As Jose pointed out, the LOC only has one course. The setting only adjusts the HSI displayed on the ND in APPR mode.

Dan Downs KCRP

I might be wrong, but I think the course does have an effect on way the intercept occurs, so it is best to have it dialed in, even if you're doing CATI stuff.

Matt Cee