Sign in to follow this  

So let me get this straight . . .

2002 scenery add-ons won't work in COF unless diddled with.Aircraft won't work in COF unless schmoozed.2002 meshes won't work unless ported because the prior install folder doesn't exist in COF. Most payware will need to be hammered.The Captain Sim Legendary I bought won't work, FSNavigator I bought is dead, flight1 Ultimate traffic I paid US$29 won't work, My legally purchased Lago Emma, Lago Ultralights, Lago Flight Scenery Enhancer, and Lago Flight Sound won't work, My Flight1 Meridian won't fly, My $39 FS Architect won't work, my $79 designer's Abacus package has just hit the half-price shelves two days after laying down my Visa, and I'll skip the other stuff.And I bought it all, legally, on a fixed retirement income.Color me burned, disgusted, and very disappointed in this whole Microsoft enterprise masquerading as a hobby. Planned obsolescence sux in any venue.Don't bother throwing stones at me. I'm not in a popularity contest here or anywhere else.

And where did you hear all that????I'm running both FS2K & FS2002 freeware meshes in FS2004, no diddleing. I'm running Lago's Bryce Canyon in FS2004, with no diddleing. I've already tried some payware aircraft in FS2004, and know first hand that others including the Meridian will work, with little or no changes.We beta tested this thing......... so don't sweat it!L.Adamson

Kind of gets to you sometimes don't it? :-) But it's not all that bad. FS9 is no different than any other release as far as compatibility goes. Hang in there for a month or so. Most of what you have listed will have a fix done for FS9. Just give the folks some time to get it all sorted out.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Ian Ritchie

Most of the diddling, i would guess, would be changing file positions (renamed directories), if required...

Guest brewmaster

Or are you in the business of whining...This change over is not any different than all the others in the past (more or less). Stick with 2002 if ya want but 2004 is a heck of an improvement. The weather alone is worth the fuss.Brew

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Simple solution: KEEP RUNNING 2002!2K4 will take some time to get things squared away with add-ons.I LOVE these kind of statements though. You mean if I work out and exercise that I am not going to be able to keep my belly? :-lol Jeez, if you want same old and no improvements then keep doing what you were doing. And if you REALLY want the same ole belly but still want to exercise then just down a half gallon of Breyers while on the treadmill and you will feel better fat! :-)These previous comments were meant LIGHT HEARTEDLY! It will take a little time Mike, but I am sure MOST of the stuff we all paid for will eventually allow us to FINALLY transition it all to COF. I am HOPEFUL that AT LEAST ActiveCameraPro, ActiveSky, & Ultimate Traffic will be ready around release of COF. I have TONS of sales@flight1.com receipts that would be nice to transfer including the 310 tonight and PSS, FSS, PMDG, RealAir, etc...

Hi, "2K4 will take some time to get things squared away with add-ons."Not too much time, not more than 2 month at max for commercial, most of fs2002 files, aircraft, scenery, works in fs2004 drag and drop.Previous addons from fs2002 95% freeware works.Only some commercial will have to release a small patch , and many of them are ready for the transition, normaly free or charge for upgrading transition.The Original post do not make sens at all , not 1 sec.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest jordan

Hi Mike,I have to say that MSFS has done a fine job of backward compatibility. In fact a much better job than any other entertainment software I can think of. The fact that some FS98 aircraft and scenery still worked with no problems in FS2002 says a lot for their commitment to the development community.I believe the move from FS2002 to FS2004 will be fairly painless.Also, Call Abacus and tell them about what happened to you. I can't imagine they wouldn't set things straight with you. They are pretty good to their customers.

>Most payware will need to be hammered.and who forces you to purchase COF ?>And I bought it all, legally, on a fixed retirement income.Wonderful. who said retirees are entitled to free upgrades ? :-lol>I'm not in a popularity>contest here or anywhere else.perhaps not popularity but trolling contest.Michael J.

lol, I stay out of most of this, but I can't pass this post by. I've been part of the beta test group. I've written two long posts in scenery about what's worked and what issues exist. Most everything designed with modern dxt1 textures works PERFECTLY.What a silly thing for you to post like this with so much emotion, and so little thought or research. So much is available for you to know the truth is so different from what you say. It makes me think you don't want to discuss fscof...perhaps you just wanted to express anger....you picked some possible reason with almost no thought, and then tried to see if you could get anyone to fight with you.Instead of just spreading rumors, why not just go fly fs2k2 for a positive experience. Bob Bernstein

Michael,Aren't you being a bit harsh? Trolling? He has legitimate concerns, though he may have went about it the wrong way, he was expressing those concerns. I don't think it is he that is trolling here! You should offer information, or not offer at all!You have posted twice with nothing more than inflamitory comments, calm down!As to the original poster, I do not own a copy of FS2004 final version, but I assure you, where there is a will, there is a way! Your addons will be in working order with minimal fiddling in no time. That has been the case with every FS version change over from FS 95 on.Good Luck!

>2002 scenery add-ons won't work in COF unless diddled with.>>Aircraft won't work in COF unless schmoozed.That's 75% of the fun in FS for me. Don't tell me you want deprive me of that? *grin*>2002 meshes won't work unless ported because the prior install>folder doesn't exist in COF. That sounds like a simple drag and drop fix.>Most payware will need to be hammered.>>The Captain Sim Legendary I bought won't work, FSNavigator II heard the Capt Sim one worked. Don't know about the others. But as has been stated, I'm sure they will be updated if made by one of the "bigger small" companies like Capt Sim (if I heard wrong) and Lago, etc. But you are probably right about some of them... especially the one's by companies that you read public complaints on.>work, My legally purchased Lago Emma, Lago Ultralights, LagoWhere does one illegally purchase FS addons? *grin*>Flight Scenery Enhancer, and Lago Flight Sound won't work, My>Flight1 Meridian won't fly, >My $39 FS Architect won't work, my $79 designer's Abacus>package has just hit the half-price shelves two days after>laying down my Visa, and I'll skip the other stuff.>>And I bought it all, legally, on a fixed retirement income.You bought all that stuff on a fixed retirement? When was the last time you've eaten? *grin*>Color me burned, disgusted, and very disappointed in thisI'll color you happier in awhile, when all your stuff is converted to COF.>whole Microsoft enterprise masquerading as a hobby. It was never meant to be a hobby to MS... They've not been secretive about the fact tt's a business to them.> Planned obsolescence sux in any venue.It does. But it is the American way.>Don't bother throwing stones at me. I'm not in a popularity>contest here or anywhere else.No stones here... I understand your initial frustration. I still think it will work out much better than you do. One of the responses asked who was forcing you to buy COF... looking at all the addons you bought, even on a fixed retirement income (assuming a typical "not enough" sized income), I completely understand why you have to get COF. I, (Mr. Willpower) completely understand unreasonable addiction. *grin* It's the same one that got everyone here and enticed everyone to bother answering.Don't sweat it all... in the long run you will very probably not have lost very much in the switchover. (yeah, I know, who wants to wait, up to months, to use what he's paid for... time for a "David Carradine in Kung Fu" reflective moment? *grin*)

It is because of the hundreds of threads I have read that have assured me to go ahead and give my computer the serious upgrade needed to run the newest software without a hitch. Because of the testers comments and the various screenshots I have seen is the reason I have decided to purchase FS9 / COF / FS2004 when it comes to my local store. I used to be one of those that was kind of burned by CFS3, and thought FS9 was going to be another fiasco. But after seeing the proof, I will find out for myself what it is all about. Heck, if I don't like it, I will save the reciept and return it. However, I have a very good feeling about this one. I hope that it turns out to be everything us flight simmers are looking for and more!