Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

PMDG 1900 props, FINALLY FIXED !

Guest PPSFA

Thanks to Chuck Lawsen! I saw the prop fixes in the library and on a whim, opened the 'readme', got his email addy, and sent him a request, but not really expecting any results.After trying for almost 2 years to get PMDG to even answer a post, let alone fix the problem, Chuck not only answered my email but had the props fixed, all in under an hour.Folks like Chuck are the core of FS and I wanted to let people know what a great guy he is and how much he's appreciated.Now I'm again of to launch my favorite plane!Thanks Chuck!

Guest DeskPilot

Great news! I did a search for "Chuck Lawsen"; apparently the 1900 fixes aren't in the library yet.Donald

Guest PPSFA
Great news! I did a search for "Chuck Lawsen"; apparently the 1900 fixes aren't in the library yet.Donald
He said he's leaving for a week so he probably din't get around to it yet. I'm sure he wouldnt mind me sending it to you. PM me a working email addy and I will send it off.

Care to post a small image of the props in front of a cloud? Knowing how FSX handles textures with transparencies from FS9, in all cases I have seen, the only way to truly fix this prop issue is to make the texture/alpha totally transparent (or assign the texture the correct properties and re-export with the FSX compiler).

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest PPSFA
Care to post a small image of the props in front of a cloud? Knowing how FSX handles textures with transparencies from FS9, in all cases I have seen, the only way to truly fix this prop issue is to make the texture/alpha totally transparent (or assign the texture the correct properties and re-export with the FSX compiler).
I can't now, I'm at work, but believe me, they work fine, it was the first thing I checked

Guest PPSFA

Update: He's going to add the 'white' stripes' amd upload to the forums next week so keep an eye out for them.

Guest DeskPilot

Thank you for the offer Jay; but I will hold out for the "striped" vesion.Donald

Guest PPSFA
Thank you for the offer Jay; but I will hold out for the "striped" vesion.Donald
He's uploading the new props soon to the library, I hope everyone sends him a huge Thanks for this

Guest DeskPilot

It is great when developers stand behind their work; but as far as I know Chuck Lawsen has nothing to do with PDMG. Posts about the 1900 series don't even get answered in their forum; not even how to install a repaint PMDG put out for FS9 into FSX.But Chuck Lawsen stepped up where PMDG didn't. Even more kudos to him for that...Donald

Hey folks, just uploaded here, should show up later today. Here's a couple screen shots. Enjoy! Chuck