Sign in to follow this  
Allflight57

assigning a sound to a specific switch?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me a way to add a sound tied into a specific switch in the plane. I recorded the sound when bringing the external power online (that loud clunk) and I want to assign it to the Ext. power switch in the Feelthere ERJ, and some other planes. Is there a way to do this? they dont have a specific sound for that so I cant just replace it with an old one. ill post a link to the video at the bottom at about 13 seconds into it he brings the gpu online and you can hear that sound. thanks

Tyler

Hi,yes, you can do that with a XML gauge and the great little program from Doug Dawson "dsd_xml_sound3.gau". If you are FSX you need "dsd_xml_sound3.dll" ( should be in the AVSIM lib). Next you need a WAV file for your CLUNK sound, and than you have to program a little XML for the switch which must be include the call to Dougs program.If you have done it OK you will hear the CLUNK if you click the switch .Dietmar*EDITED BY ADMIN* PLEASE CONSULT THE AUTHOR BEFORE POSTING THE INFORMATION (NOW REMOVED) THAT YOU PROVIDED.