Sign in to follow this  

FS2002/2004 on Same Computer??

Hi,Does anyone know if FS 2004 and 2002 can be run from the same computer. Not simultaniously, but where I can choose to run either one or the other at different times? Reason I want to do this is I don't want to give up sims like PIC 767 but would also like to use the features of the newer sims that will operate with 2004 737NG, C-310, etcSystem: WinXP SP1, Intel 845PE, P4 2.54, 1GB Ram, ATI9700Pro, 160GB RAID 0 array from which game applications are run.If push comes to shove, and 2002 & 2004 won't work because of DLL conflicts or whatever, then I guess I'll just stick with 2002Thanks folks,Barry"Try to avoid ejecting over an area you just bombed."

Guest DreamFleet

There is absolutely no issue having both on the same machine. Of course, as you said, you would not want to run both simultaneously.I have FS2002 / FS2004 on the same machine right now, and there is not a single issue when running either. It is really no different than having Photoshop 4.0 and Photoshop 6.0 on the same machine (as I also have).Worry not, all will be just fine, as long as you have the hard drive space for them both. :-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...RUM_LOUF_A2.jpg

Barry,As Lou pointed out, there are no issues with running FS2002 and FS2004 on the same machine. When I was finishing up my Tribute to FS2002 a couple of weeks ago, there was one point I had FS98, FS2000, FS2002, and FS2004Beta on the same machine and there were absolutely NO issues whatsoever, period! :-)Bear!

Hi Lou,completely O/T, but is there an advantage of having both Photoshop 4 and 6 on your machine? I'd like to do some aircraft repainting, and currently have Photoshop 7, but as my wife's a web designer, we've got all the previous versions as well, so any tips would be appreciated :).Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest RSmith

Had similar question, specifically regarding the .dll duplicate file situation within FS2k2 and WinXP Home (issue only arrises with reinstall of FS2k2 - in tips forum). I wonder if MS addressed the duplication in COF - I would hope they did - as the issue was reported into MS Support over 6 mths. ago. For that reason, I was assuming I would likely have to remove 2K2 and have a clean install of COF ?Ron

"there was one point I had FS98, FS2000, FS2002, and FS2004Beta on the same machine"And I thought I was hooked!!! :-lol :-lol :-lolCool :-)Glenn

Speaking for myself, until such time as FS2004 runs 767PIC, I'll have absolutely no problem whatsoever going back to FS2002. I'm afraid clouds and ATC improvements are insufficient reasons to give up the best add-on for FS in 22 years.Regards,

Glenn,Sounds bad doesn't it...??? :-lolActually I had them all interlinked so that I could get some comparative screenshots for that Tribute to FS2002 we posted a couple or three weeks ago. Interestingly, I had FS2002 & FS2004Beta acessing scenery folders in FS2000 and I could run FS98-FS2000-FS2002 at the same time (only FS2000 required the CD install to run).Bear!

Thanks to everyone who reply - help is much appreciated.Barry"Try to avoid ejecting over an area you just bombed."