Sign in to follow this  

Dreamfleet Cessna 310 & Framerates?

Hey guys, I just downloaded the installer from flight1 and I am going to buy the Cessna 310 but I am wondering how it is on the framerates, don't want to buy it and have it so choppy I can't fly!System Spec:AMD XP 2.16GHZ 333FSB512 DDR pc2700Geforce 4 Ti4200 64mbAsus Nforce2 Mb

Depends on what all you have turned on, but I have a system only slightly faster than yours with most things on, and it worked fine for me. The odd stutter, but nothing out of the ordinary.Glenn

Guest DreamFleet

You might want to see what folks have said on our forum about this, but I will add that you should have absolutely no issues with a system of your spec, as folks are doing quite well with much slower systems. http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforu...&conf=DCConfID1I recall one comment that there was no difference between the 310 and our Cardinal / Archer, and so far no posts concerning frame rate problems. We had about 75 beta testers on the 310, with a variety of systems, and no problems were reported there either. :-)Our Ron Freimuth is running smooth on a sub-1ghz system. Of course, he has his scenery density at minimum levels! ;-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...RUM_LOUF_A2.jpg

Thanks Glenn, Lou! Ok... That's it Lou!! Just gotta go get my check and give the required $$ to my mom so I can use her credit card and we will be underway!! :-)

Guest racartron

Aren't Moms great!!;)Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest jase439

I have a 2.4Ghz box, 512MB, with GF4 Ti4400 and experience very reasonable frame rates with this aircraft/panel. If you own the 177 Cardinal, the frames are no better/worse than that, I've found. Feels pretty silky to me! You should be in great shape.J

LouI purchased the 310 as I have flown a few. Great looking aircraft, panel and VC but has Ron stuck this Bird on steroids or are the ones I have flown snails?Firewalled she is nearly hitting VNE in level flight and back at 30in man 2400rpm is giving 195 kts indicated low level (2-3000 feet)Single engine I am getting a strange bobbing and please look at some of the gear /flap drag figures.Rotation doesnt happen until 100 kts (107 mph)?Apart from those few niggles shes a delightPeterhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/22936.jpg

Guest jase439

From the bottom of Page 7 in the users manual:Aftermarket engine modifications, some boosting horsepower to over 300, like those that appear on our 310L, can even take the 310 into the league with some smaller turboprop aircraft.This might explain the 'gutsy' performance you see. The original 310L has a 260hp Continental. J

JI have flown both the normally aspirated and Turbo 310 which model and engine/conversion are you referring to because neither hit those figures low down?I was basing my observations on the aircraft I have flown and would be interested in the conversion as I know someone real world who is looking for such a quick low cost twin ;-)All the bestPeteraddendumI have just noticed that they are 325 hp units do you have the cruise speed charts for low level and high level TAS figures at say 18000 feet?I flew the normal 260 and 285 hp aircraft the 325 were specials

Regardless................. that's a great looking screenshot, Peter!!L.Adamson

>Aren't jobs great!? LOL>>Regards, Michael>>http://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg>>CalVirAir International VA>www.calvirair.com>Cougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviation>www.cgrmtnhelos.comLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was thinking the same thing.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest aeroworx

I just took the 310 for her first hop in FS2002 (on a P4 2Gig with 1Gig RAM and a Gforce4 MX440 64MB Video Card) with framerates locked at 30 fps and all sliders maxed. I'm getting on average 28 fps.Go for it. You should have no problems. She flies like a dream!Cheers Henning

Guest Ron Freimuth

>You might want to see what folks have said on our forum about>this, but I will add that you should have absolutely no issues>with a system of your spec, as folks are doing quite well with>much slower systems. >>Our Ron Freimuth is running smooth on a sub-1ghz system. Of>course, he has his scenery density at minimum levels! ;-) 467MHz; Overclocked! TNT Vanta, 16 MB. But, I have scenery, etc. well up in my non-test FS2K2 setup. Don't have time to find and purchase a good, new system. ;) Ron