Sign in to follow this  

I just gotta get a new soap box.

Guest Douglas K

>I've seen pics of that new Aerosoft ATR that's out and was wondering how it stacks up. Have you got it or heard anything about it? One fellow I conversed with said that the props going into beta could be heard on that machine as well, but I've not heard anything more about it. I'd like to check it out, but I've sure been spoiled by the -8, so it would have to be pretty good for me to consider it over the 8.

>I agree completely Dan, it is the best turboprop aircraft for>FS, nothing else comes close, Something not only comes close but is most likely superior - Flight1's Meridian.It shares Dash 8's systems modelling but has also something that Dash 8 doesn't - beautifuly rendered main panel with smoothest gauges available on the planet - RealityXP's. And last but not least its Garmin 530 (flight management for GA) is there with 100% functionality.For me unfortunately it is not only the functionality but the looks of the panel that play important role too. And these days there is no excuse to have something that doesn't give you this 3D, real aircraft feel with top quality sharp instruments.But no doubt Oleksiy's work is bound to advance the hobby by making others work harder.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

>You're not the first to mention Oleskiy's DASH 8, but I found>that particular aircraft unusable on my system Yes, same here. I was never able to achieve the 'looks' I was hoping for. Frankly if you get used to something like Flight1's Meridian panel with this incredible photographic detail and bright CRTs - I can't bring myself to fly anything of lesser quality. Sorry !!Michael J.

Douglas, thankyou so much! It works! I like the VC when I'm cruising because I like looking at the scenery. It's also very useful for lining up visually, taxiing etc. It looks great, the PSS visual model is awesome, but I get the Frolov flight model, sounds etc. Best of both worlds.

Apples and oranges... they are completely different classes of aircraft. Would you compare PIC767 with the the freeware Falcon50? They both have jet engines and..er...that's about where the similarity ends. I think the entire flight sim community is aware that you are passionate about the Meridian to the point of tedium Michael, and that's not a criticism. It's an observation that you invariably manage to maneouvre any thread around to the Meridian. If Flight1 ain't paying you, they should be!The Frolov Dash is a design that simply emphasises completely different objectives. Oleksiy is not interested in the externals as he, like most of the folks that like his creation, as solely interested in simulating the systems and the complexities of flying the aircraft. And as an aside, I run the panel in 1600*1200*32 and for me it is completely readable and the vector instrument graphics easily as smooth as RealityXPs (and I have the full complement of those).Cheers,

Douglas I tried your changes from the other forum in order to use Frolovs panel, sounds and FDE with the PSS package and everything seemed to go ok but now none of my gauges in my 2d Panel in my PSS Dash8 function. The sounds are there and the panel is there but nothing is functioning on the panel :(I followed your instructions to the letter..Any help would be appreciated!!!Thanks!:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>Apples and oranges... they are completely different classes>of aircraft.Apples and oranges ?I was replying to Douglas' claim about the Dash 8 being the best turboprop in FS (he even stated 'nothing even comes close'). The last time I checked Dash 8 and the Meridian are both turboprops and they are both for FS. Nowhere did he say best 'freeware' turboprop or best twin engine turboprop. So perhaps you should educate me why it is not a fair comparison. Did I miss some other 'hidden' classification ?Apples or oranges.. really ? Perhaps your apples and your oranges. Next time pay a bit more attention to what I am replying to.>Oleksiy is not interested in the externals as he, Does the panel look count as internal or external ? If I can't read the panel I have little interest in anything else about the aircraft regardless how it sounds or how well pneumatics work. But I am prepared to acknowledge that whether Dash8's panel looks good or bad is a very subjective stuff. This is not the reason why I am even replying to your post.Michael J.

That was why I used the example of a 767 and a Falcon 50. They are different classes of aircraft. If someone is looking at turboprop in FS and they are interested in the degree to which a Dash-8 has been simulated, comparing it to a single engine private-class turbo-prop is irrelevant unless all you are attempting to demonstrate is an isolated aspect of the engine or systems. Their engines both use the same method to achieve power output...and there the similarity ends. "Next time pay a bit more attention to what I am replying to."Thank you...I am a much better person now.

Guest Douglas K

If you have the Dash8 by Fanda panel bitmaps but no gauges in 2D cockpit then you should first make sure that the panel.300 and panel.q300 subfolders each have the Dash8 by Fanda .cfg file in them. These panel.cfg files should be 9.81 KB in size, and if you open them the build date should be: Thursday, February 13, 2003 at 18:06 FSPS Build:14075.If all is well within the panel folders, then make sure the Dash8All.gau is in your FS2002 gauges folder. This is the gauge file for Oleksiy Frolov's Dash8.The VC will require that the 4 original VCockpitXX sections/entries be copied over from the PSS panel.cfg files to the new panel.cfg for the PSS gauges to show up in VC mode. Did you delete the Dash8 by Fanda aircraft model after merging the two? This can sometimes cause problems, but the usual result is FS2002 crashes to the desktop when the merged aircraft/panel is selected.If all of the above check out, then I'm out of ideas as to the reason why no gauges are present in the 2D panel.

Guest Douglas K

>Apples and oranges ?I was replying to Douglas' claim about the Dash 8 being the best turboprop in FS (he even stated 'nothing even comes close:)

Guest Dan CYKA

>>I should like to amend my previous and outrageously incorrect statements about the Frolov Dash8 to read: "I find it to be pretty good!" and "Some people think its OK!".<<BLASTFAMY!!! :-halo

Guest Douglas K

>BLASTFAMY!!! :-halo:)Now lets all try to behave ourselves and play nicely with each other.:D

Guest Dan CYKA

Look at this face of mine, I have a mischievous grin. I understood what you were doing. My problem is I could not resist.I fully understand what you are saying and I agree. The thing I find is that, it

Thanks for the info Douglas :-). I gave the cfg adjustment a try, and it's much better now.Check out this site, if you haven't already. I'm really hoping this one works in FS2004: http://www.aerosoft.com/shop-en/details/ewatr.htmlSounds good, and perhaps has similar soundset to the Dash 8. Once can only hope, because I think the ATR makes a better (probably more common)freight carrier as well as being available in the combi mode, whereas I think the Dash 8 is only configured for one or the other (please correct me if I'm wrong).Glenn