Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

Door wont open

I started having a strange problem...My front left passenger door of the J41 will not open. I have tried openning via the ramp manager as well as pressing shift+e and for whatever reason it wont open. Everything else on the ramp manager works fine.

Noah Bryant

I started having a strange problem...My front left passenger door of the J41 will not open. I have tried openning via the ramp manager as well as pressing shift+e and for whatever reason it wont open. Everything else on the ramp manager works fine.
Are the engines running?

Cheers,

Henning

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg

The doors won't open if engines are running.
HiAre the plane standing on a fuel ramp, with the parkbrake on??The door won't open if you are, gave me a real scratch in the back head a while ago :)

this problem has occurred at several different airports so thats not it.... and I said Nope...meaning No the engines arent running...

Noah Bryant

just an update...i tried using a different livery and still no luck. the door just wont open

Noah Bryant

Guest commander_leach

The next time a door will not open try a crowbar as they always work on stuck doors .LMAO

I still havent been able to get the door to open... ANy ideas? I really dont want to have to reinstall this thing again, since I have it where the graphical glitches ALMOST never show up...

Noah Bryant

Odd, never saw this reported before. Do you have advanced animations checked? Are engines stopped? I can't think of any other reason they won't open, assuming you are on the ground. There is a piece of code that prevents the door from opening if you are in the air and it could actually be the same as engine running.

Dan Downs KCRP

advanced animations, yeson the ground, yesengines stopped, yesLike I said it's with every livery I have tried and even when I start a whole new flight. SHIFT+E doesnt work either. This problem just randomply popped up for who knows what reason.

Noah Bryant

I can confirm the same problem.

advanced animations, yeson the ground, yesengines stopped, yes
^ my settings as well.Just flew KMSP-KHIB and my main door won't open, nor will the stanchion display. Pax had to use the rear emergency exit for this flight =P

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

talk about a strange problem, at least it isn't just me. Have you recently changed anything or installed anything?I cant think of anything I have done to cause this.

Noah Bryant

i tried the pogo stick and that wont pry it open either :)Anyone have any idea what could be causing this???I really dont want to reinstall because I've got it to the point where the graphical glitches are almost never happening.

Noah Bryant

Guest G_KKES

I want to know how to open the cockpit door Shame%20On%20You.gifbest wishesKev Townsend