Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

Door wont open

Im having the same problem... door wont open but all other animations work great.... on the ground no engines running latty datty dah...JR
Are you using the DVA ACARS?I have done 6 test flights now. What I have found is that the problem seems to be with the DVA ACARS program. I did 4 flights with fs passengers but without using the ACARS program. Then I did one flight without pspassengers and with ACARS, the door froze immedaitely.Do any of the PMDG developers have any ideas??? I will also post at DVA's forums as well.What's strange is that I did many many flights with ACARS with no problems until all of a sudden this started happening.

Noah Bryant

RgrI have dva acars. Its installed on a sep computer and run via widefs. I'll have to play around with it and see if uninstalling dva fixes the issue.JR

dont uninstall DVA...just reinstall J41 so that the door is working...then try a few flights without ACARS to see if it happens

Noah Bryant

Just uninstalled all JS41 livs and then the aircraft. Reinstalled and the door works. Didnt use DVA Acars and just a quick test flight.JR

Just uninstalled all JS41 livs and then the aircraft. Reinstalled and the door works. Didnt use DVA Acars and just a quick test flight.JR
I, too, use DVA Acars.. and, I, too, cannot get my fwd pax door or the bag carrier (the flag on the left wing) to cycle at all.

I, too, use DVA Acars.. and, I, too, cannot get my fwd pax door or the bag carrier (the flag on the left wing) to cycle at all.
I have had the same problem and uninstalled both the J41 and FsP as well. Did not know what the cuprit was. I too use DVA ACARS. I hope someone can isolate the problem, because it just started again after a complete uninstall/reinstall . . . ThanksJoe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

It will work once after a complete reinstall but then the next time you load up the J41 the problem is backthis has also been brought up in the DVA forums, but they havent said much

Noah Bryant

Same problem here, I am testing if it is related to the DVA ACARS . . . seems as when I use it, the problem occurs. I am flying off their ACARS and seeing if the problem might be related to something else. I sure wish there was a cure on this one, the only fix is to uninstall and reinstall. However, I have addon paints and FS2 Voice . . . too. A real pain.

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Dan, do you experience this issue and do you for any reason from time to time fly using the DVA ACARS system. We think it may be related to the gates being activated. Don't know for sure but we are asking our Tech guru to look into it.ThanksJoe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

For you that are having problems with it, I have been working with our tech guru with our VA and found that by disbling the interaction with the gates in FSX solved the problem. We now have a setting in our ACARS program to NOT activate the gates. I have not had a door locked situation since. I have not manually called for the gate activation in FSX with this and don't know why you'd want to. Anyway, just a heads up.Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Just to confirm, I have over a dozen flights with the J41 and DVA ACARS with the option to turn "off" the gateway interaction and I NOT had a door lock situation since.

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Well I would like to provide an update for all of you that are still experiencing the "locked" door problem. I have worked with our programming guru here at DVA for some months now and we thought we had a work around by disabling the "jetway" however, after some time we discovered that the locked door still occured if parked at a jetway gate or if our ACARS was loaded prior to the AC being loaded. So, as of today, this problem still occurs with the doors and I don't believe there is any solution at this point. If I were to guess, it has to do with several possible items, 1. parking brake, 2. jetway interaction or 3 that the engines are not completely shutdown on start up (even though they sound like they are). I have experienced the engines seeming to wind down some minutes after loading the AC from a cold and dark situation before I open the doors. I am once again uninstalling everything, i.e., PMDG J41, PMDG Delta Paint, FS2 Crew and Reality XP500; ugh. I really hope that PMDG looks into this (which I can't imagine they haven't), it remains a near show stopper and it has quite frustrated me before and have unfortunately "unkindly" posted here. Sorry to have to report the continued problem here.Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Hi all! Its just a feeling but it tells me that the door problem is related to the various "engine-shutdown AND restart- problems" I have used the JS41 on both Win Xp and now Win7, and never succesflully restarted the engines after a flight. At the same time the cabin door wont open again... It would be some kind of logic into not being able to open the door if some kind of code in the model or the gauges tells FSX the engines are still operating in spite of complete shutdown at the panels. Thus I am reverted to using the ever so popular cold&dark.exe from mr. wombat - and hopefully the promised SP2 (you hear PMDG? :( ) will bring the remedy to help users who are bothered by these problems. PMDG is a serious developer who really goes the distance to make proud products, Im sure they wont leave the JS41 at 98%...best regardsBernt Michael JohansenNorway

Bernt-Are you using DVA ACARS? I have not heard of the door problem happening to anyone who wasnt.

Noah Bryant