Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Browser won't start first time

Since changing my network to run through a router I now have to start and then restart my pc (Server) to get my browser to run.If I try and start it straight away it will sit there - "Looking up" my homepage, and then gives me the "Page not found" screen. If I reboot it will then start first time.Sometimes the same thing will happen with my laptop (Client) though not always.Sometimes I can start the browser on the Server after starting it on the Client though not always.Any ideas?Nicholas.

I hope you have already fixed this issue. I just saw your post and just learned something about wireless routers. I got a Droid for Christmas and got a WiFi Analyzer for it. I, too have seen the "Page Not Found" error every once and awhile. I ran the Analyzer from my phone and found that my router was using the same channel as several of my neighbors. I changed the channel and haven't seen that error since. There are analyzers for PC also. I tried NetSurveyor on my laptop, and it seemed to work OK. If someone around you is on the same channel as you are, that could be your problem.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I hope you have already fixed this issue. I just saw your post and just learned something about wireless routers. I got a Droid for Christmas and got a WiFi Analyzer for it. I, too have seen the "Page Not Found" error every once and awhile. I ran the Analyzer from my phone and found that my router was using the same channel as several of my neighbors. I changed the channel and haven't seen that error since. There are analyzers for PC also. I tried NetSurveyor on my laptop, and it seemed to work OK. If someone around you is on the same channel as you are, that could be your problem.Bob
Don't know if this is same problem- frequently my wife reports a similar syndrome on her laptop (via wireless router). When this happens, I simply unplug the router power momentarily, then replug and problem solved. Happens so frequently, that I now routinely unplug the router momentarily each night when I shut down my system. (Modem and router are at my PC location- which is hardwired- her laptop on wireless.)Alex Reid

In the past, I have had problems running wired and wireless from the same modem. I would wire in my old computer running ME and it would kick off my wife's Mac thet was wireless. 'Course ME had lots of network problems. Having to reboot your router so often is not right. I just found a free program called WirelessNetView that runs without installing that will give you info about APs around you and tell you if you are on someone elses channel. Works better than the one I noted above.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.