Sign in to follow this  
Swen

2D panel problem with all planes on ATI

All my 2D subpanels have a diagonal line from left upper corner to right down corner. It looks like the panel was buckeld in two pieces. I noticed that on programming a fmc, 'cause the letters are note plane. Before ATI Card i use NVIDIA and dont have this problem. How can i solve this? Any ideas?

You cant, its just one of those things you have to put up with on some ATI cards, its been like that since the days of the 1950XTX, ATI know about it but have yet to do anything about it.

Cheers, Andy.

Hm, i switch from nvidia with there problems to ati, 'cause D3D better on it and now this... Thats all frustrating me...Thanks for answer...

SwenThat's the first I've heard of that. I'm interested to know more about what you're seeing, as I'm considering changing from nVidia to an ATI Eyefinity card sometime in the future.1. Can you provide a screenshot or photo of what you described above?2. What ATI card are you using?ThanksNoel W

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

My experiences with ATI and NVidia:HD4850: display gliches/issues so that especially on newer airliners, the EFIS screens and FMCs show partially "ruined" characters, lines, symbols etc. No big issue, but nasty as hell!GTS250: Display OK, but never managed that the driver controls AA and AF. I have to enable in-game AA and AF. With the ATI card, this was possible.I don't know how the latest graphics adapters perform, they have a newer and thus different GPU, I'd be glad if I could enable AA and AF in the NVidia driver...Andreas

I'd be glad if I could enable AA and AF in the NVidia driver...
You need to use Nhancer, unless you are using DX10 preview mode in which case you need to turn on AA and AF in FSX itself.

Cheers, Andy.

So here i am... Now with pictures:http://img132.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=badiconcs.jpgThis is not my only problem, but this problem show on picture i had on Win XP too...My biggest problem are my bad frames! I can do what i will, but i have so bad frames... And i can screw down all fsx settings to minimum, but i dont get more. And i'm not alone with this problem... More then 2 friends have the same problems...

You need to use Nhancer, unless you are using DX10 preview mode in which case you need to turn on AA and AF in FSX itself.
I've played with nHancer several times but found nothing which allowed me to activate AA and AF in the driver. Do you have some recommended nHancer settings for me?Andreas

Yes follow Nicks advice for nHancer. Not forgetting that if you tick 'enhance in game anti aliasing' it will kill any nHancer AA in the sim.I use the latest nVidia driver and the latest nhancer. AA is excellent. Slight shimmer still on trees but acceptable.I too was frustrated at first, in fact nhancer for some reason screwed my driver. All good now with the latest.

Very nice, but what have this all to do with my problem? :(

Sorry it has nothing to do with your problem, I was politely answering another users quandary, that's what community forums are all about.

Cheers, Andy.

All my 2D subpanels have a diagonal line from left upper corner to right down corner. It looks like the panel was buckeld in two pieces. I noticed that on programming a fmc, 'cause the letters are note plane. Before ATI Card i use NVIDIA and dont have this problem. How can i solve this? Any ideas?
As far as I know nHance will not work with ATI cards. Go here for help --> http://forums.techpowerup.com/I would re-install the ATI driver.

As far as I know nHance will not work with ATI cards. Go here for help --> http://forums.techpowerup.com/I would re-install the ATI driver.
I didn't say Nhancer would work with ATI cards, that was a response to another users question. No amount of reinstalling the drivers will fix the problem of a diagonal fold/shift in some textures on ATI cards, its a bug ATI has known about since the days of the 1950XTX and they simply ignore peoples requests for a fix, it must be a low priority for them or they don't know how to fix it.

Cheers, Andy.

Same problem for me with the ATI 4890