Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

747-400 Advanced Tutorial by Holger Seilz

Does anyone know what happened to Holger Seilz Advanced Operations Tutorial, please?It's not in the Avsim Library any more?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Does anyone know what happened to Holger Seilz Advanced Operations Tutorial, please?It's not in the Avsim Library any more?
Wonderful document that one !PM your em@il adress and I will send you a copy.

Hello Dave,Go over to Flightsim.com and look for this zip file:-pm747tut.zip. Regards,GodfreyG :(

Guest bassplayer1939
Hello Dave,Go over to Flightsim.com and look for this zip file:-pm747tut.zip. Regards,GodfreyG :(
The tutorial is available but the 747 Lufthan'r version required is not available and when you load the tutorial you end up straddled the gate. the version of the 747 is important as it is surrounded by ground vehicles and assess stairs etc. All of which figure in the tutorial. Where it has dissappeared too is anybodys guess.Mick

Guest bassplayer1939

Undaunted I have pressed on. I should point out at this stage I am flying the tutorial in FSX.This is possibly why the aircraft is sat on the apron at the wrong side of the departure building instead of at the gate. However the tutorial is a masterpiece.For some unknown reason it has activated some real engine sound that I previously have never heard. The prctice and theory of progressive altitude shifts is new to me and explains why so many of my eatlier efforrts ended in stalls at high altitude attempts. " too heavy". For those of you who have not tried this tutorial it is a must if you want to fully familiarise yourself with the 747. All you need is time and 56+ sheets of printer paper. Well worth it. For a freeby it is amazing.Currently I have saved the flight at the 35K Alt. gain. Greenland and the arctic circle here I come. My only worry is the save phase and what it has failed to save . If I have lost the flight or the ability to engage AP , as sometimes happens then all will be lost. On a 12 hour real time flight this would be a blow.I am only 3Hr 30Min into it so I will keep you posted.I am flying the Lufthansa livery from the PMDG downloads but the programe does not recognise it at Load. It loads a Cessna and I have to manually change it.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/file_libra...E_Lufthansa.EXEThis is the link for the aircraft specific to the tutorial but it does not work. I don't know why.Mick Well pleased.

Guest bassplayer1939

Just as I feared. I returned to the flight today and re-loaded it. I have a message from the FMC . NO ACTIVE FLIGHT PLANFrom experience that means the flight will continue but when I need autoland in 8 hours time it will not be available. I know not how to reactivate the flight plan. What was going so well has fallen on its nose. Is anybody out there experiencing the same problem with 747 saved flights? If so how have you got round it? I have not gone into the FMC yet to see what else is missing. There may also be items switched off on the overhead that I do not know about.Very anoying.Mick

Just as I feared. I returned to the flight today and re-loaded it. I have a message from the FMC . NO ACTIVE FLIGHT PLANFrom experience that means the flight will continue but when I need autoland in 8 hours time it will not be available. I know not how to reactivate the flight plan. What was going so well has fallen on its nose. Is anybody out there experiencing the same problem with 747 saved flights? If so how have you got round it? I have not gone into the FMC yet to see what else is missing. There may also be items switched off on the overhead that I do not know about.Very anoying.Mick
Hi Mick,If I am not mistaken, you could pause the sim when you are ready to save, go to the PMDG menu option and save the current panel state, save your flight in the FSX menu with a unique name that you will remember and then exit flightsim.When you are ready to resume your flight, load the saved flight from the FS menu,( it will load paused), then go to the PMDG menu and load your last saved panel state, and you should be pretty well set. When saving your flight the normal way in FS when using a PMDG aircraft like the 747, there should also be a corresponding panel state save made automatically I believe, but it does not seem to always function correctly. That is why I suggested saving the current panel state manually at the same time. With the beautiful complexity of PMDG's sims, they included this function which truly helps on the 'long-haul' flights. Give it a try and let me know how it works out for you :( .Cheers,GodfreyG :(

Guest bassplayer1939

Thanks Godfrey' you have solved the problem. It all works fine. I admit it is a bit converluted but who cares when it works?Mick

Thanks Godfrey' you have solved the problem. It all works fine. I admit it is a bit converluted but who cares when it works?Mick
You're welcomed Mick, I'm glad it worked for you :( ! Are you a bass player ? I wondered because of your quote name, and the fact that I play bass also.Cheers,GodfreyG :(

Guest bassplayer1939

Hi Godfrey. Yes and no....I am an X Bassplayer. Played Jazz bass upto 10 years ago when athritis forced me to stop Sold up and regretted it ever since.The Atritis in my hands cleared up. At 70 years old it is a bit late to re-invest and frankly too expensive. Back to the 747. I am reloading the panel strate as you suggested but there are still one or two parameters missing when it spools up. Any FIX entries will have gone and the odd flight speed may have changed. In short it needs a quick check round to see what is going on. When I saved pre engine start I lost the APU.It still gives me the message No Active Flight Plan but it is there and active. The crunch will come when I try to land in KSFO. I am currently flying the tutorial again and heading for the GIMLI fix and the first altitude hike. However I seem to be ON FIRE. Black smoke is pouring from 1-2 and 4. yet there is no indication of a problem on the EICAS ENG panel. There is no lack of power and if anything fuel consumption is better than predicted. How I stop the smoke is anybodys guess.I have tried to use the fire bottles but all I achieved was 1-2-4 engine shutdown. Then I couldn't restart them. At 31000 this was a problem so I eacaped out and re-loaded the flight. Engines still " On Fire?" Apart from that the flight is running smooth as paint. :( Mick.

Thanks for your help Godfrey ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks for your help Godfrey ;)
You are welcomed Dave, glad to be of some assistance. :( Cheers,GodfreyG :(

Hi Godfrey. Yes and no....I am an X Bassplayer. Played Jazz bass upto 10 years ago when athritis forced me to stop Sold up and regretted it ever since.The Atritis in my hands cleared up. At 70 years old it is a bit late to re-invest and frankly too expensive.Back to the 747. I am reloading the panel strate as you suggested but there are still one or two parameters missing when it spools up. Any FIX entries will have gone and the odd flight speed may have changed. In short it needs a quick check round to see what is going on. When I saved pre engine start I lost the APU.It still gives me the message No Active Flight Plan but it is there and active. The crunch will come when I try to land in KSFO. I am currently flying the tutorial again and heading for the GIMLI fix and the first altitude hike. However I seem to be ON FIRE. Black smoke is pouring from 1-2 and 4. yet there is no indication of a problem on the EICAS ENG panel. There is no lack of power and if anything fuel consumption is better than predicted. How I stop the smoke is anybodys guess.I have tried to use the fire bottles but all I achieved was 1-2-4 engine shutdown. Then I couldn't restart them. At 31000 this was a problem so I eacaped out and re-loaded the flight. Engines still " On Fire?" Apart from that the flight is running smooth as paint. :( Mick.
Hey Mick, I agree with you that it's pretty expensive to re-invest in instruments and equipment if you have already sold them but,..."At 70 years old it isa bit late,.... :( ???" Come on man, if you can fly a 'Jumbo Jet' on a PC based simulator, you CAN play your bass again, especially with the 'chops' you had to have acquired, playing Jazz bass, of all. !!! Don't let age be a hindrance my friend. :( I have not flown the 747 in a little while, and I can't recall ever having those issues you have mentioned, though I think I read somewhere about the 'false engine fire' and smoke glitch. As soon as I am able to, I will fire up the Ol' Queen and take 'her' on a trip to see if I run into any of those issues you encountered. I will let you know how it goes.Regards,GodfreyG B)

Hay Guys,

Recently I decided to work with Holger Seilz 747-400 tutorial for fs2004.

I installed PMDG 747-400 v1.1 and v1.2.

The SIDs and STARs in de PMDG -folder are from AIRAC Cycle (DAFIF cycle) 0508.

The tutorial needs AIRAC Cycle 0506 !?

Does anyone know how to solve this ?