Sign in to follow this  
Guest DVA3672

PMDG MD-11 and FS2Crew A/T logic problems.

Guest DVA3672

I'm having some problems with FS2Crew and the MD-11's A/T logic on final approach. Normally I hand fly final and use the A/T to assist. Pre-FS2Crew, as you know, the A/T system would go to idle at about 50AGL so you could flare. This logic works fine without FS2Crew. However, when using FS2C, when I start my flare, the engines spool up as if they are trying to maintain Vref instead of letting me land.Yes, I have completed the final checklist and have called, "LAND."Any suggestions, or have any of you experienced this?Thanks

I'm having some problems with FS2Crew and the MD-11's A/T logic on final approach. Normally I hand fly final and use the A/T to assist. Pre-FS2Crew, as you know, the A/T system would go to idle at about 50AGL so you could flare. This logic works fine without FS2Crew. However, when using FS2C, when I start my flare, the engines spool up as if they are trying to maintain Vref instead of letting me land.Yes, I have completed the final checklist and have called, "LAND."Any suggestions, or have any of you experienced this?Thanks
No problems here using the MD-11 with FS2Crew. Are you somehow pressing the "red" button, causing a go-around? Via a joystick button mapped to the "red" button?

Guest DVA3672

Negative. PF says, "LAND." Both my yoke mappings and key presses cause the same thing to happen.

Negative. PF says, "LAND." Both my yoke mappings and key presses cause the same thing to happen.
Just had a look at the thread over at the FS2Crew forum. One thing, are you on FSX or FS9?I'll try see if I can reproduce it on the FSX version later today.Tom

I am on FS9 Tom, thank you.
OK, then it probably doesn't mean much that FSX+FS2Crew seems to behave OK as far as I can see. Do you get the "RETARD" indication on the PFD?I pull my hardware throttles back to idle sometime during descent, to avoid interference with the ATS. I got that advice with some other airplane, not sure if it matters to the MD-11 - have you tried that?

Guest DVA3672
OK, then it probably doesn't mean much that FSX+FS2Crew seems to behave OK as far as I can see. Do you get the "RETARD" indication on the PFD?I pull my hardware throttles back to idle sometime during descent, to avoid interference with the ATS. I got that advice with some other airplane, not sure if it matters to the MD-11 - have you tried that?
No joy on the RETARD indication as of yet. Have not had the time.But, yes, I always bring throttles back to idle as per the suggestion of PMDG.