Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Wilco E170/190 Very Low FPS

My FPS with the Wilco E-jets (FS2004) on windows 7 64 bit are also not that best.On Vista I had no problems at all.Maybe somebody knows a sollution or I just hope Wilco will make an update.GrtsRobin

My FPS with the Wilco E-jets (FS2004) on windows 7 64 bit are also not that best.On Vista I had no problems at all.Maybe somebody knows a sollution or I just hope Wilco will make an update.GrtsRobin
I bought a new ASUS laptop in January with Windows 7 x64, and promptly installed FS9 to see how well it would work (I had FSX on another computer already). I started using it so much I ended up buying the E-Jets package and ERJ v2 a couple of weeks ago. I also had ridiculously low frame rates in FS9 under Win7 with the E-Jets, and couldn't figure out why. In some of my research, I found a suggestion to uncheck any compatibility mode settings for the shortcut used to launch FS9 (I had it set to use XP SP3 compatibility mode, having assumed it would be necessary), and strangely enough that completely took care of the issue for me. I do have disable visual themes, disable desktop composition, and run as administrator still checked, however. I haven't had any issues with ERJ v2 whatsoever. And as far as I can tell, unchecking that setting has had no negative impact on FS9 performance or any other add-ons.As with most things FS-related, however, your mileage may vary, but it might be worth a try to see if this corrects the issue for you.

Bart Damons

Asus G72GX C2D 2.53GHz/6GB/GTX 260M 1GB

X-Plane 9.70/FSX

I bought a new ASUS laptop in January with Windows 7 x64, and promptly installed FS9 to see how well it would work (I had FSX on another computer already). I started using it so much I ended up buying the E-Jets package and ERJ v2 a couple of weeks ago. I also had ridiculously low frame rates in FS9 under Win7 with the E-Jets, and couldn't figure out why. In some of my research, I found a suggestion to uncheck any compatibility mode settings for the shortcut used to launch FS9 (I had it set to use XP SP3 compatibility mode, having assumed it would be necessary), and strangely enough that completely took care of the issue for me. I do have disable visual themes, disable desktop composition, and run as administrator still checked, however. I haven't had any issues with ERJ v2 whatsoever. And as far as I can tell, unchecking that setting has had no negative impact on FS9 performance or any other add-ons.As with most things FS-related, however, your mileage may vary, but it might be worth a try to see if this corrects the issue for you.
Well thanks alot for some advice. I will try it tomorrow and tell you how it worked for me.

the support forum -http://forum.iemit.com

I just hope Wilco will make an update.
wilco is one of the distributers of the ERJv2. the ERJv2 is a feelThere release. you don't even need to purchase the ERJv2 from wilco ... you can buy directly from feelThere.
Maybe somebody knows a sollution [sic] or
this issue was researched back in dec '09/jan '10 prior to the relase of SP2. a request for beta testers for a possible fix resulted in no response. the issue is only for a small small small number of users ... like <5 reported. of those a few found their fix to playing with the 'winXP compatability' selector. --

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I'm just completed a flt with the EMB 190. My FPS and flt went very smooth. One thing you need to remember when installing your software in Win7 x64, is to setup administrstion previleges on main system as well as the program .exe file. You also have to set your security permissions on your FS9 folder to allow programs to write to it. I installed all my Feelthere, Eaglesoft, PMDG aircraft and they function flawlessly.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Well I did everything with security and what you guys said. When I start my flight the fps is oke. Around 28 stabel. After a few minutes the fps drops down. In the sky I now have only around 17fps (with luck) and on the ground it is even worse.My specs:Q9550 (3,2Ghz)4GB RAMGeforce 9800GT 1024mbOther addons like PMDG planes with aerosoft scenery's are the most of the time above 25fps.

I'm pretty sure that V2 for E170/E190 with new 75 and 96 models is in works. :(

Well I did this now, and it seems to work. No low Fps anymore :( * Go into program files\microsoft games\ * highlight Flight Simulator X folder and right-click on it * Select the SECURITY tab * Click on your username (not on Administrator 1) * Click on the 'edit' option (it should have a pic of a shield on the button with edit next to it) * Then you should be prompted by Vista security module, click on 'ALLOW' * Then tick the 'Full Control' box and press 'OK'But then ofcourse for my Fs9

Not said that all have problem but some have. I

Respectfully,

Jet

Forgot this too. Give me XP or give me death! That is what I am running. Never tried 7. I might someday. Not sure if the bang is worth the buck or hassle learning a new system. Maybe someone can give me a little why too? THANKS!Jet

Respectfully,

Jet

Forgot this too. Give me XP or give me death! That is what I am running. Never tried 7. I might someday. Not sure if the bang is worth the buck or hassle learning a new system. Maybe someone can give me a little why too? THANKS!Jet
I too was a XP die-hard. I bought Win7 last year when Microsoft offered at discount price. But I waited for graphic, sound and Mobo drivers to stabilize and run my system smoohtly. Two weeks ago I finally installed Win7 x64 and kept my fingers crossed. Once I learned and understood how Win7 administration and security privilege process works, my FS installs worked flawlessly. What was really shocking was when I installed my PMDG 737, which was develpoed for Win 98 and FS 2002, later upgraded for FS 2004. It flies and operates flawlessly. With Win7 x64 and FS9 I got a performance boost from 20 to 40%, flying payware AC into some dense areas. No more stutters or OOM failures. I was evrn able to network my 2 XP machines to Win7 thru FSwide and Simconnect without issue. As much as I loved XPpro, I glad I finally made the switch.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

FPS are still very worse.With other planes I do not have any problems in Windows 7. But the Wilco/Feelthere Embrears do not work very well.If anybody has still some tips....please, go ahead and share them.Grts,Robin

FPS are still very worse.With other planes I do not have any problems in Windows 7. But the Wilco/Feelthere Embrears do not work very well.If anybody has still some tips....please, go ahead and share them.Grts,Robin
Have you turned off the compatibility mode for FS? This was the solution for me.

- Aaron

Thank you so much, my frame rate is back to normal for Wilco's E170!! it works!! By the way i'm running FSX acceleration pack on a Windows 7 64bit.

The Digital Aviation bug is a different one (have you noticed MS Office, specially Power Point, runs a little bit slower in Win7? It's a similar bug, as far as I've read). What I did with the ERJ v1 (before v2 was released) was to set the Configurator in XP SP3 compatibility mode (right-click>Properties>Compatibility). That did the trick (and made me stop flying with Bill Grabowski's panel). Try that with your E170/E190, it has a similar configurator. Hope this helps. Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel
&
Well I did this now, and it seems to work. No low Fps anymore Batting Eyelashes.gif * Go into program files\microsoft games\* highlight Flight Simulator X folder and right-click on it* Select the SECURITY tab* Click on your username (not on Administrator 1)* Click on the 'edit' option (it should have a pic of a shield on the button with edit next to it)* Then you should be prompted by Vista security module, click on 'ALLOW'* Then tick the 'Full Control' box and press 'OK' But then ofcourse for my Fs9

Yes it's been almost 6 years since you knuckle heads posted this stuff but it saved my day today in 2017:)). Thanks for posting this stuff

Creature

• Upvote 1