Sign in to follow this  
Jeff_B

MD-11 on ATI 4800

Does anyone have the ATI Radeon 4800 card and if so what driver version are you using? On the MD-11 i have funny raggered lines through the panels using this card and driver 9.1.Just wondering if an updated driver has fixed this before i go to the effort of updating to find it hasnt yet been fixed.

Thanks will give it a go then. I use XP hopefully wont make a difference.What setting is the AAA?

There's no fix for this - it's an issue with all 4 and 5 series cards. I've spoken to ATI directly about it and at this point I'd have to say they're unwilling to fix it, it's been over a year since I first reported the issue to them. It happens on any plane that uses GDI+ gauges in FSX btw, not just the MD-11. Does not happen in FS9.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi, I have the R4870there is a fix for the problem which was posted in the swiss flightforum.ch Go and get the ATI Tray Tools ( http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=270486 ) and enable the "Alternate pixel centers" option through the advanced tab of the direct3d section of ATi Tray Tools. I have tested this with FSX and it worked. But since I don't use FSX this wasn't a problem for me ;-)Jan-Paul

This feature is disabled for Vista, and I assume for W7, due to corruption in older games (their words from the help file). Go figure.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks heaps Jan-Paul will give it a go and report back.Ryan - have you tried this?

Guys, I take that back! The latest beta version of ATT supports this and it does indeed appear to fix the issue!The only thing I noticed is that it blurs 2D text stuff like the menus, but the panel itself looks perfect!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Good to hear and thanks for the response.What driver version are you using? Im still on 9.1 am skeptical to update to latest.

Jan-Paul your an absolute legend... that fixed the problem.For 12 months since getting my new computer and the MD-11 i have put up with this blemish/jaggered line through part of the panel and FMC. I learned to put up with itbut it ruined this magnificent aircraft by PMDG.All fixed and i thought i would never have that clear cockpit that i see that everyone else had. Gone from jealous to absolutely over the moon.Thankyou for the great christmas present! And you have made my day.

9.11 here. I always update to the latest.
I just installed 9.11 from ATI/AMD but still have the diagonal shear... I assume then the beta Ryan is referring to is the next version after 9.11.

Dan Downs KCRP

I just installed 9.11 from ATI/AMD but still have the diagonal shear... I assume then the beta Ryan is referring to is the next version after 9.11.
Referring to the beta of ATI Tray Tools (ATT), which is a tweaking app for the ATI driver sort of like nHancer is for Nvidia cards.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg