Sign in to follow this  
ecagan

How to change zoom of aircraft preview?

I purchased the SkySimulations DC-9, and one annoying thing is when you select the aircraft from the FS9 menu. When the aircraft shows up in the preview screen rotating, it is much farther away than the other aircraft I select. Also, when the aircraft is brought up in the sim, the view from outside is just as far, leading you to attempt to zoom in on it. Is there a way to fix this or do you need to have to modify something within the aircraft itself prior to compiling it? I've never understood how to adjust this and I wasn't able to find anything by searching.Thanks,Eric

This is linked with the aircraft's radius, which is set in the model: you can modify the radius of any model with AFCAD 2.2 Not sure it is still available at avsim though.The modeler must have set a too small a radius.

You're lucky Eric, the file has survived the avsim hack: you can get it here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=46238Must be one of the best addon for FS: without Lee Swordy's AFCAD editor, you're nothing in your sim!Once launched, run the aircraft editor, and look for your dc9 entry. Set the radius as needed (22 should be ok).

Guest belga1

Hello,For be complete .. in Afcad you can open Aircraft Editor from the tab "Tools"Regards.santa2.gifGus.

While I appreciate the responses, I'm not referring to the aircraft radius for parking purposes including anything having to do with AFCAD. When you fire up the sim and select an aircraft, it shows up in the preview screen. As a default the Cessna 172 is the one looking at you when you first come up. It's that view I wish to change. How can you increase the size of the aircraft showing up in that view? It appears to have some correlation to the spot plane view. When I view the SkySim DC-9 in spot plane view, it is very far away. Is it possible to modify this to be closer as a default? Eric

I just completed a test of this procedure and can verify the parking radius does control both the size of the plane in the selection window and the initial camera position (in terms of distance) in spot plane view.Learn something new every day, they say.Guess I can go to bed now. heheregards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I just confirmed what Joe confirmed - the higher the radius value, the small the preview picture will be.Learned somethin' new again today!!Caution - changing the radius "could" have unintended consequences if the aircraft is used as an AI aircraft also and/or you have set it up to use VIP (dedicated) parking spots when flying it.But the concept does work. THANKS Arnaud !

Thanks everyone! Wow. Wouldn't even have thought of associating those two things together.Eric