Sign in to follow this  
tj22

Fuel Usage

Nice airplane. Easy on the framerates and perhaps the best 2d panels I've ever seen. Does everything it should - except for fuel consumption. The update had no effect. The longer I fly it, the worse it gets. Had to do several in-flight refuelings to make it from JFK to EGLL. By the time I landed it was eating 144000 kg/hr at idle, the totalizer spinning down like an odometer hooked up to a power drill, yet the FF gauges reading normal. Couldn't get much worse if I left the reheats on full time. Sure wish I could get this thing working otherwise it's destined to become a hangar queen.FWIW I've tried:Re-installing both the AC (CD version) and the update.Older FSUIPC versions (right up to the point where the fuel gauges and panel sounds quit working altogether). Turning off FS weather, traffic, ATC, and everything else I could think of. (No other add-ons installed)Suggestions welcome.

Nice airplane. Easy on the framerates and perhaps the best 2d panels I've ever seen. Does everything it should - except for fuel consumption. The update had no effect. The longer I fly it, the worse it gets. Had to do several in-flight refuelings to make it from JFK to EGLL. By the time I landed it was eating 144000 kg/hr at idle, the totalizer spinning down like an odometer hooked up to a power drill, yet the FF gauges reading normal. Couldn't get much worse if I left the reheats on full time. Sure wish I could get this thing working otherwise it's destined to become a hangar queen.FWIW I've tried:Re-installing both the AC (CD version) and the update.Older FSUIPC versions (right up to the point where the fuel gauges and panel sounds quit working altogether). Turning off FS weather, traffic, ATC, and everything else I could think of. (No other add-ons installed)Suggestions welcome.
Have you got the fuel dump valves open ?

Peter Schluter

Have you got the fuel dump valves open ?
Thanks, pschlute.Nope ... and the VFE is not opening them mid-flight as I first suspected.

You are running this is FS9 , and not FSX ?I used the PSS Concorde for a while, and never had this issue. I did have other ones and eventually switched to the SSTSIM plane which is better in my opinion.

Peter Schluter

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.