Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

Ultimate Airport Environment X

Yes I have it an like it very much, it really does enhance the default airports, I find it almost worth the price just for the replacement jetway textures they look far better. It's not all perfect though, I don't like some of the hold short lines as they have a totally black background behind the yellow stripes and they look wrong to me on concrete taxiways, it looks like a tarmac strip with yellow paint on top of it. The taxiway edge markings look fine with the black highlights at the outer edges of the yellow paint, but it somehow doesn't work for the hold short lines for me, maybe they should have just highlighted rather than used the solid black box effort. I'm also not totally convinced the replacement textures for the taxiway signage is any better, it looks over exposed to me and a little blurry. Overall though I think its a good investment.taxi2.jpgtaxisigns.jpg

Cheers, Andy.

Andy!Can you help me with one question?I want to buy this product just for the jetways and the airport buildings, hangars, etc.Question: Is it possible to just use the textures for the jetways, airport buldings and hangars? And not mess with the already instaled textures from REX2 (Tarmac, taxiways, etc)?? Is there a way to select what textures to install?Thanks!!!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Question: Is it possible to just use the textures for the jetways, airport buldings and hangars? And not mess with the already instaled textures from REX2 (Tarmac, taxiways, etc)?? Is there a way to select what textures to install?
That's my question too?The product details say it will not change any existing add-on airport sceneries.Would that include REX2?

There isn't a way to select which texture you want to install no, but you can select to install higher quality textures at the point of install. I remember reading that there was a way to remove certain textures with the uninstall program, but for the life of me I cannot find an uninstaller at the moment, let me look further into this.You could just reinstall the REX textures you want to keep after you have run the Zinertek installer though, so you can still do what you want in a round about way.Edit:OK I found the uninstall program and here are the only options you get.uninstaller.jpg

The product details say it will not change any existing add-on airport sceneries.Would that include REX2?
REX isn't an add-on airport so no it isn't included in this statement.

Cheers, Andy.

Hello Andy. Very explanatory!I think i

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I don't see an performance difference at all even with the 32bit texture option installed rather than the default. If you choose the default quality textures then there will be no difference at all as this is just a texture replacement product.

Cheers, Andy.

I never really looked into this product, but this thread has me interested now. Just how much of an improvement is there to the default airport buildings? What exactly are they "replacing" when you talk about the buildings? Just the default textures? Or complete new buildings? Any example pics would be appreciated.EDIT: Never mind. I just found the preview pics posted at several of the distributor's websites.EDIT 2: OK, now I'm confused. In a post above, it said the program only replaced textures. But on the seller's websites, the product list description implies it add complete new building such as terminals, hangers, towers, VOR stations, parking garages, etc. So does it actually come with new designed buildings? Or is it just replacing the textures on the existing default FSX buildings?

Rick Ryan

All of those things it mentions are just wrapped in new textures that's all, what do you want for 15 Euros :( , it still looks much better in my opinion though. If I think about it logically if it came with replacement models they would have to make sure all the footprints were all exactly the same anyway otherwise it could potentially mess up god knows how many airports.

Cheers, Andy.

Ok, I bought it. Airports now look a bit better. Will you see a huge difference? No. Is it worth the money? In my opinion, yes. I use it in combination with REX runway, taxiway and parking textures. I didn't see any FPS hit.