Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

IMG SIZE ISSUE: Initial testing of my new rig

On my previous rig in the same situation barely able to reach 10fps, this is really a revolution-kind of experience for me! 6 years after introduction of FS9, I finally have a computer able to run it in all its glory.PMDG 744F, FSGlobal 2010, Ultimate Terrain Europe, Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt 2008, REX9 and lots of custom AI.Images over 200K file size deleted

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

On my previous rig in the same situation barely able to reach 10fps, this is really a revolution-kind of experience for me! 6 years after introduction of FS9, I finally have a computer able to run it in all its glory.PMDG 744F, FSGlobal 2010, Ultimate Terrain Europe, Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt 2008, REX9 and lots of custom AI.
It is always great when you have a computer that has the muscle to stand up to FS9 or FSX. I am working my way there and I am going to be so happy when I reach that level of computing. Great looking shot!

Enjoy that bad boy...Im also in need for an upgrade...hopefully next year

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest 777lover

It doesn't really matter how much FPS you get when you switch to external view.please tell us how much FPs you get when you're in VC mode.

It doesn't really matter how much FPS you get when you switch to external view.please tell us how much FPs you get when you're in VC mode.
True... However, I'm glad to report that during the same takeoff, I was able to maintain a quite steady 35fps!!! And that's with a .50 zoom-level, so a large part of the VC panel instruments were on my display.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

On my previous rig in the same situation barely able to reach 10fps, this is really a revolution-kind of experience for me! 6 years after introduction of FS9, I finally have a computer able to run it in all its glory.PMDG 744F, FSGlobal 2010, Ultimate Terrain Europe, Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt 2008, REX9 and lots of custom AI.
Great shot and indeed it's fun to run all maxed out :-)Andr

André

Congrats on the new computer!I will be picking up my new computer this weekend and like you I was barely able to reach 10fps in most situations. I haven't flow in a long time and the last time I tried to fly I flew to FSDT's Las Vegas scenery and FS9 actually stopped for about 30 second while it re loaded all the textures! I am looking foward to being able to fly again when I get the new computer. It will be like a whole new sim!My new computer will beIntel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core ProcessorASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard (Just came out Looks real good )Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer CaseOCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)6 Gb Ram ( I went with the 1366 socket because it should be upgradable to the next cpu's that come out i9 and better reviews over the 1156 socket )There are 6 (six) memory sockets on the 1366 as to 4 (four) on the 1156EVGA 896-P3-1170-AR GeForce GTX 275 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card750 Gb hard driveDVD BurnerMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitAntec TruePower New TP-750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

That's wonderful Frank! it must be such a relieve having a new p.c and finally enjoying the sim nice and smooth with the ability to fly into big airports ai and complex models and not having to worry about frame rates.
Enjoy that bad boy...Im also in need for an upgrade...hopefully next year
Hi Bill I'm really hoping to get something new in 2010 myself wish you the best of luck.
That's true its always good to check fps with the vc.
Congrats on the new computer!I will be picking up my new computer this weekend and like you I was barely able to reach 10fps in most situations. I haven't flow in a long time and the last time I tried to fly I flew to FSDT's Las Vegas scenery and FS9 actually stopped for about 30 second while it re loaded all the textures! I am looking foward to being able to fly again when I get the new computer. It will be like a whole new sim!My new computer will beIntel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core ProcessorASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard (Just came out Looks real good )Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer CaseOCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)6 Gb Ram ( I went with the 1366 socket because it should be upgradable to the next cpu's that come out i9 and better reviews over the 1156 socket )There are 6 (six) memory sockets on the 1366 as to 4 (four) on the 1156EVGA 896-P3-1170-AR GeForce GTX 275 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card750 Gb hard driveDVD BurnerMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitAntec TruePower New TP-750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply
That's awesome Joseph please post your results here when you get the chance and have the system up and running with fs, I dream everyday for a system like that!

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I am surprised to see your pic still here, weighing in at 1800Kb...You might want to save it in JPG format and re-up it to imageshack, because it needs to be under 200Kb to stay here...There are no gains to using PNG format, The same picture quality can be attained for web use with JPG format...I was wondering why it took so long to load, and that is on a 100Mbit office LAN in a university network environment.Andrew

Guest Staggerwing
I am surprised to see your pic still here, weighing in at 1800Kb...You might want to save it in JPG format and re-up it to imageshack, because it needs to be under 200Kb to stay here...There are no gains to using PNG format, The same picture quality can be attained for web use with JPG format...I was wondering why it took so long to load, and that is on a 100Mbit office LAN in a university network environment.Andrew
You are correct Andrew... the small screen size fooled me and I didn't check it for file size. No doubt one of the largest files ever placed in the forums too :( Of course now that I know, I'll have to make corrections.... Frank, please be sure to stay withing the posting rules for your shots.Edit; I did ask Frank to resize and repost, but nothing so far