Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eugen

Looking for good MD-80 panel

Guest creber1

Freeware or payware, whatever is the smartest with most functionalities and a "good and proper" look (no photographs as gauges)Thanks

The best panel I found is: gsmd87.zipHowever, I changed the Stby attitude indicator and added a TCAS gauge created by Lee Hetherington, file name: ilh_tcas_v2.zip.Here is a pic of what I fly for the MD80. PS: the File: gsmd87.zip also contains 2D side views....http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/23395.jpg

Guest JohnN

Hey 3Green,Fantastic panel there. It looks like you're a Panel Wizard so I'll address this to you.I love to fly the Vaught Corsair (FS2002) and it has an Omni Bearing and ADF needle combination gauge, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set the frequencies. The needles move in response to some frequencies as one flys by, but no telling what they are.So the question is, is there any way that you could devise to make that gauge respond to 'tunable' frequencies? That would be way over my head, but possibly a guy with your experince could do it. If so, and you're willing to do it, I'd really, really appreciate it.Regards, John

Are flying the default Corsair?It sounds like the plane does not have radios?The quickest way is to add radios by adding a radio section to the panel.cfg file. This should allow you to tune the ADF.Have you ever edited the panel.cfg for aircraft.cfg file before?

Guest creber1

Great, thanks for that! I am reassured, as that was the one that I had picked myself as well, but since I do not know what a real MD80 panel looks like I could not tell how good or bad this was.Cheers

Guest Eugen

So where can I download this panel ?RegardsEugen