Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Anyone familar with and/or use Sound Environment X

Hi, I use FS Altitude Europe edition, and REX. I am quite impressed with FS Altitude, but things can get a little blurred coming down to land at around 2000'. Not sure if you will already be familiar with this, but there is a radius around 'your' aircraft, that retains default scenery, and I am sure your add-ons. This does help on landing as the FS Altitude scenery is slowly taken over by default which is much sharper at low heights. The effect of this is a little strange, but I soon got used to it. At a decent height, anything above 15000' things start to look pretty good, particularly when viewed from outside of your aircraft. As for REX, it appears to have no effect either way. Just one point of interest, you can turn off FS Altitude at any time if you wish in the Scenery Library, just by un-ticking, and letting the scenery rebuild. You can not however do this mid flight, or you will run into problems like loosing ATC if you are in the middle of a IFR flight plan.Hope this helps?