Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve K

CH Pedals USB Locked Brakes

Well, I thought I had this problem solved. The brakes release fine when I hit the period initially, but as soon as I apply them again, they remain locked indefinitely. Should aI remove all other brake assignments from, say, my CH FlightSim yoke?http://rg.travelocity.com.edgesuite.net/lo...ologo_35x35.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hi Alex,Are the Null Zone sliders for the toe brakes all the way to the left? That usually will fix the problem. Only the Null Zone sliders, though. Leave the Sensitivity sliders alone.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Bob:Ok thanks. But there is always some debate as to wether the sensitivity sliders should be full left or full right. What is your opinion?http://rg.travelocity.com.edgesuite.net/lo...ologo_35x35.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest RonB49

I vote for full left but mine are not quite FULL left. Also, check the Assignments page and make sure that the two brake Reverse Axis boxes are checked. That is usually the cure for this problem. R-

Thank you both, I'll let you know how it goes.http://rg.travelocity.com.edgesuite.net/lo...ologo_35x35.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I had/have the same problem with the CH ProPedals USB.The crappy drivers of CH for WinXP are to blame here.If I leave the settings to default I get a left rudder deflection of about 15% and brakes on all the time.After experiments I have found that I need to set the following in FS in order to make it work: (you will find these entries in the Fs2002.cfg, back it up first)Brakes axis sensitivity : -127 (minus declares reverse axis)Brakes null zone : 20 to 50Rudder axis sensitivity : 64Rudder null zone : 64Note that these number work for me. To make sure everything is ok, after setting those values, go to the FSUIPC axis pages and observe what FSUIPC detects on the rudder and brakes axis. In neutral position you should get a 0 on the rudder and a -16384 on the brakes.Ever with this workaround, sometimes after applying brakes I get the right brake stuck. I will then have to just kick the rudders a bit to clear it. Have no clue why it's doing this.BTW, I'm 100% sure that the WinXP CH USB drivers are to blame because the pedals behave perfectly under Win98SE.Fly safe,George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

George:I appreciate your comprehensive response, but I have win98SE...now what?http://rg.travelocity.com.edgesuite.net/lo...ologo_35x35.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

I had the same problem with CH toebrakes, pasting these lines into fs2002.cfg file cured the problem.Notice the minus before 64. It is a complete cure that works perfectly on my FS98 system, but without this edit, the brakes always lock up. AXIS_EVENT_03=AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SETAXIS_SCALE_03=-64AXIS_NULL_03=0AXIS_EVENT_04=AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SETAXIS_SCALE_04=-64AXIS_NULL_04=0The pargraph to put it under will be the one which holds the alieron, elevator, throttle, brake settings, etc., similar heading to: Square left bracketJOYSTICK_MAIN {CBA6AFE0-BAC9-11D6-8001-444553540000}Square right bracketThe example above modify the settings for axis events 3 and 4 because my left and right toebrakes happen to be installed on axis 3 and 4. They might not be yours. CH Control Manager tells me which axis number 1 through 6 coresponds to elevator, alieron, throttle, rudder, left brake, right brake.

Guest Steve K

I had strange problems myself with CH products and Windows XP. Mainly, plugging and repluging my devices to get them to work. I downloaded the CH Control Manager from CH's site and I haven't had any problems since. I've heard with the Control Manager comes new device drivers. Whatever it was certainly did the trick for me. Hope this helps your problem.