Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

Aussies - FS2004 made to midday television yesterday!

Guest JonP01

I might stand corrected, but I believe yesterday was the first time ever in Australia that a Microsoft Flight Simulation product was given a preview on Television. Mum rang me at midday yesterday (Sunday 13th) and told me to quicky change to channel 7. The program was called "Control Freaks" and the show appears to preview upcoming computer games (PC, Gameboy, PS, etc) as well as provide short reviews of newly-released games.The piece they did on FS2004 was quite good considering the mass audience and the limited time of the presentation (a few minutes). Whilst the footage clearly showed that the previewers were not die-hard simmers, there was quite enough shown so as the whet the appetites of new users. It looked quite intriguing seeing MSFS up on my television screen after years of running it on a computer monitor.Needless to say, I was very glad to see this presentation, as not only does it introduce the long standing franchise to a mass of newbies, but it more or less confirms the imminent release of the sim here in Australia.

G'dayFirst post here on AVSIM so hello to all !Re: The release of MSFS 2004.I was visiting an electronics store in a suburb of Sydney (Discount Inn, located in the Macquarie shopping Ctr in North Ryde) on Sunday 13th July when I was taken aback by retail boxes (Not DVD cases) of FS 2004 gracing the shelves alongside copies of FS 2002, etc.With heart pounding I picked up a box only to find it was empty, :-( however it was hiding a sign which read 'Available for purchass 14th August'.These guy's are pretty spot-on when it comes to release dates so there you have it. Only 1 mth to go !

Guest Ian Ritchie

Cool. Looks like the people (like me) in cold New Zealand are only a day after you... :)

Guest JonP01

Hey, welcome and great debut post! :( This the first mention of a specific release date in Oz. I know the Discount Inn. I drive up Ryde Road at North Ryde every Wednesday on my way to visit my mother. August 14th would be a Thursday, so I'll have to let Mum know I'll be coming a day late that week!

Yeah!!_ I also had a heart attack today when I saw all these FS2004 boxes on the shelf in Elecronique Boutique!!! But closer inspection showed that each one had a small sticker saying "Coming soon!!" . When I asked the salesman how soon soon is -- he said 11 August!!BarryPS $109 AUD

Just pre ordered my copy from Harvey Norman here in Sydney...Moore Pk.Available 29/07/03 $109.95Lozza

Guest RonB49

Hey Jon, you'd better make that stop at Discount Inn on your way home not on the way to Mum's house. She will be tweaked if you're a day late then stay only 18 seconds. R-

>Where is Electronic Boutique in Brisbane Bazza?>There is one at the Loganholme Hyperdome - and the one I was at yesterday was at the Pacific Fair shopping centre on the Gold Coast.Barry

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy Ian,Another Kiwi, eh? :-wave Nope, looks like we might just steal a deal on them Ozzies; understand the official NZ release date for 2K4 is August 11 (according to MS NZ).

That's good news if HN can deliver the goods on 29/7.I asked HV here in Canberra, they said 'some time in August'. That's the answer I got a couple of days ago.Michael TanCanberra

Guest JonP01

>Hey Jon, you'd better make that stop at Discount Inn on your>way home not on the way to Mum's house. She will be tweaked>if you're a day late then stay only 18 seconds. R-:-lol :-lol :-lol Either way she's in for a short visit that week ;) Nah. I 'll just have to control myself and exercise a bit of restraint somehow.

Guest JonP01

>Just pre ordered my copy from Harvey Norman here in>Sydney...Moore Pk.>Available 29/07/03 $109.95>>LozzaLozza, how did you go pre-ordering from HN? I asked two weeks ago at Campbelltown and they had never heard of it. Did Moore Park initially know what you were talking about or did you have to explain it to them? Perhaps if I tell my local HN that Moore Park has accepted orders, they might do the same at Campbelltown as well. Plus I wonder where they got the release date from? I can't believe it's coming out here the same day as the US, although I would love to believe it.