Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

FSX sound interface

Can I confirm that fsx uses media player as the sound output interface? I have just installed media 12 and adjusted the graphic equaliser but the new sound (effect) is not being replicated through fsx. This leads me to conclude that it no longer uses media player. Is this a media 12 issue? Thanks in advance.

Keith Sandford.

I don't believe any media player settings will affect FSX sound. The sound on your motherboard or addon card can be configured by the software that comes with either of those options. What sound devices are available will be listed in settings-sound as Windows sound devices for Sound and Voice. A pull-down list can be observed for each.

Art

I don't believe any media player settings will affect FSX sound. The sound on your motherboard or addon card can be configured by the software that comes with either of those options. What sound devices are available will be listed in settings-sound as Windows sound devices for Sound and Voice. A pull-down list can be observed for each.
Thanks for reply Art. I forgot to mention that when I select an alternative setting from the drop down list such as spdif and surround stereo I receive no sound at all, only from the default sound option. Is this because I am using the headphone port as output?On my old machine I used to be able alter the wow effects and the GE and those enhancements were heard in FSX. Very strange.

Keith Sandford.

Thanks for reply Art. I forgot to mention that when I select an alternative setting from the drop down list such as spdif and surround stereo I receive no sound at all, only from the default sound option. Is this because I am using the headphone port as output?On my old machine I used to be able alter the wow effects and the GE and those enhancements were heard in FSX. Very strange.
Are you using headphones, or have you connected your speakers to the headphone port? You won't get surround sound from this port. You havn't posted any information about what type of sound is on your system, but there must be some controls available in your programs list. Keep in mind that higher quality sound settings can cause stutters in the FSX video display. I set mine to 16 bit CD quality, but you have a more powerful system.

Art