Sign in to follow this  
Guest Carvelle5000

FSX Display Settings

Guest Carvelle5000

Hi,This may seem like one of those rookie topics, but it's not. I really need help because I'm stuck with FSX forever now. See this: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=269053 Sigh...How unfortunate, isn't it? Okay, so I tried as hard as I could from 3:15 pm to midnight to get the best trade off between display and performance. My computer's so stupid that it thinks it's a screamer and says that the default settings are Ultra High...don't know why this computer thinks that it's a cool one. So here are my specs:Acer Aspire 5710GIntel Core Duo processor @ 2.0 Ghz, 533 MHz FSB and 2 MB L2 CacheUp to 384 Mb ATI Mobility Radeon HD2300 HyperMemory2 GB DDR2 RAMand a 160GB HDDLaughing, eh? I know that this thing is crazy to think it can run FSX with Ultra High settings. Anyone knows why it thinks it's so cool? Ok now does anyone out there have the same or at least something similar to this machine who has found the optimum settings? Help would be appreciated.Cheers,Carvelle5000

Hi Carvelle,Your real problem is that your CPU really is not up to FSX (though it would run FS9 pretty well).I'm running my dual core at 3.0 GHz and it barely does the job and I'm looking to to upgrade my mobo and CPU to something I can overclock close to 4 Ghz.So in summary, get a more powerful system or stick to FS9.Cheers IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Guest Carvelle5000

Hi,Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I cannot stick to FS9 any more. See this: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=269053How unfortunate :-(...Anyways I have managed to compromise with FSX and can fly with zero autogen and scenery. I wont be able to upgrade my processor, motherboard or video card since I run FSX on a laptop. I'll just have to earn a good system...Cheers,Carvelle5000

Carvelle,Now I won't condone piracy, but you have bought the software and are entitled to use it.Just download the no CD patch and you can start using FS9 again.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Carvelle5000,The best guide to setting up FSX that I've found is linked here: SETTING UP FSX and HOW TO TUNE IT. If you aren't already familiar with it, read it carefully. And, if you decide to try it, follow it closely and completely.Rich

Hi,This may seem like one of those rookie topics, but it's not. I really need help because I'm stuck with FSX forever now. See this: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=269053 Sigh...How unfortunate, isn't it? Okay, so I tried as hard as I could from 3:15 pm to midnight to get the best trade off between display and performance...