Sign in to follow this  
byork

What do you think of the new PMDG 737 Voice Commander version?

Hi Bryan, I'm a total newb to FS2Crew, so I can only give a newb opinion. FS2Crew caught my eye when I saw the Wilco 737 voice commander release on Avsim. I found the default 737 vids on youtube and was intrigued and waited for the PMDG version to be released. I'm just a few days into it now, but it has exceeded all of my expectations and then some. ( I'm a little disappointed that it didn't give me more trouble) The documentation can be a bit confusing at first, but now that I'm getting the big picture in view I understand why. I completely missed those keyboard settings along the way though. Where is that info in the package? With the new keyboard and mini-panel settings in place I was able to complete a flight from KMCO-KATL as published. It's hard to describe what an awesome enhancement this is to the PMDG 737 and the flight simulator experience in general, without sounding like a shill. If my fellow PMDG737 "cold and dark" friends out there don't love this system, it might be time to get a girlfriend. Zing! Greg D.

Hi Bryan, I'm a total newb to FS2Crew, so I can only give a newb opinion. FS2Crew caught my eye when I saw the Wilco 737 voice commander release on Avsim. I found the default 737 vids on youtube and was intrigued and waited for the PMDG version to be released. I'm just a few days into it now, but it has exceeded all of my expectations and then some. ( I'm a little disappointed that it didn't give me more trouble) The documentation can be a bit confusing at first, but now that I'm getting the big picture in view I understand why. I completely missed those keyboard settings along the way though. Where is that info in the package? With the new keyboard and mini-panel settings in place I was able to complete a flight from KMCO-KATL as published. It's hard to describe what an awesome enhancement this is to the PMDG 737 and the flight simulator experience in general, without sounding like a shill. If my fellow PMDG737 "cold and dark" friends out there don't love this system, it might be time to get a girlfriend. Zing! Greg D.
Glad to hear you're liking it!Do help spread the word!Keyboard setting are listed in the docs and in the forum!Cheers,

Guest DENMARK1

well im confused about this program right now i feel i waste my money but on the other hand i want to give it a chance.im confused over how much your co-pilot do or not do and sometimes he is not doing what i tell him to do like taking gear up or flaps downi have read in the manuel should i go through all the checklists or what?another thing is that if you tell him to do something he do something else or text say something differenti say gear up and the tekst says flaps 2 just for an exempel.it also seems like its always the captain who speeks in the textso fs2crew how to get it going with this program i could really need som advice hereim also using radar contact (the best of all) and aes and fs passenger and i really dont want to not use theese programsone last thing i have a usb headset how to make work with my speakers right now ALLmy soun work through my usb headset and i dont want that.

Hi DENMARK1FS2Crew not recoqnising what you are saying.. have you run the Microsot Speech training program (preferably several times) ? If you have a bit of a danish accent it will help the speech engine to pick up your way of saying things.Checklists.. There is a Quick Start tutorial at the end of the manual, did you go through it? It will pretty well explain the flows and things you need to say and do on a typical flight.For your USB headset problem, sounds like you have that defined as the "default audio device" in your Windows sound settings. Go there and change it to whatever is the normal sound card where your speakers are connected. All audio should now come through your speakers. You can then select your USB headset in the FS2Crew config window and by pressing HS from the main panel, the FS2Crew audio should come through your headset.Hope that gets you started!banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Guest DENMARK1

hi JET 1 yes now i have gone trough the speech training 5 times :( pyyh i can not talk more today,but i hope this helps i think i will print out the tutoriel and follow it step by step.my sound is also working now so thanks very much for your help hope i can return to you if i meet more problems

hi JET 1 yes now i have gone trough the speech training 5 times :( pyyh i can not talk more today,but i hope this helps i think i will print out the tutoriel and follow it step by step.my sound is also working now so thanks very much for your help hope i can return to you if i meet more problems
Hi I have the same problem, I bought it yesterday, I've trained the MS Rec system 5 times. I've read the manual few times, started the quick flight and i cant pass the pre flight phase. The program doesnt recognize what im saying, even if i say SET doesnt help, When is saz start again, the program recognize and i can start over the check list but im stuck............ok i skipped the preflight phase but when i start the before start check list the first item is okay Closed and Locked, but the second one when i say SET no success.....its very fustrating.... i spent my money for something which i cannot use, I know its not the program fault maybe but still....

My experience has been vastly different! As an American w/ very little accent, I am seeing a very very high rate of understanding. Overall, the experience is very good for me and the product is great.So, to answer you question Bryan... I own the original PMDG fs2crew edition but haven't used it for a long time. This version is MUCH more intuitive to start, setup, and use. It's light years beyond the original. My favorite part is the ability to hand fly and not have to mess around with the MCP, and I find myself hand-flying a good deal longer after takeoff and during approach. My only nice to have (that I've already mentioned) is for a way to get the co-pilot to tune COMs.I understand the limitation that requires mouse-clicks, and I'd say this is really the only "down-side", although the implementation is seamless and non-intrusive. Well done! I'm really looking forward to the Maddog and JS41. Thanks!Jeff

Guest DENMARK1

im using win 7 64 bit what er you guys using. its better for med now but he has problems start engine 2, 1 is no problem but 2 arhhh not good.gear up is sometimes a problem but its ok anyway the idea of the program is brilliant its flying in a total new way and i like that, so perhaps we will get a patch to correct the few problems that stillin the program.

My experience has been vastly different! As an American w/ very little accent, I am seeing a very very high rate of understanding. Overall, the experience is very good for me and the product is great.So, to answer you question Bryan... I own the original PMDG fs2crew edition but haven't used it for a long time. This version is MUCH more intuitive to start, setup, and use. It's light years beyond the original. My favorite part is the ability to hand fly and not have to mess around with the MCP, and I find myself hand-flying a good deal longer after takeoff and during approach. My only nice to have (that I've already mentioned) is for a way to get the co-pilot to tune COMs.I understand the limitation that requires mouse-clicks, and I'd say this is really the only "down-side", although the implementation is seamless and non-intrusive. Well done! I'm really looking forward to the Maddog and JS41. Thanks!Jeff
Glad you make it:))My problem was more technical than accent. I have a headset plugged in the front of the computer, and in fs2crew i pressed the HS button ( this was the mistake ) In the MS Speech i set up a default audio card, not the REALTEK, and im not pressed the HS button and NOw fs2crew recognize most of my words.

Hi DENMARK1FS2Crew not recoqnising what you are saying.. have you run the Microsot Speech training program (preferably several times) ? If you have a bit of a danish accent it will help the speech engine to pick up your way of saying things.Checklists.. There is a Quick Start tutorial at the end of the manual, did you go through it? It will pretty well explain the flows and things you need to say and do on a typical flight.For your USB headset problem, sounds like you have that defined as the "default audio device" in your Windows sound settings. Go there and change it to whatever is the normal sound card where your speakers are connected. All audio should now come through your speakers. You can then select your USB headset in the FS2Crew config window and by pressing HS from the main panel, the FS2Crew audio should come through your headset.Hope that gets you started!banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png
What he said :-)Also, on YouTube there is a training video for the default 737 version of FS2Crew. Though it's meant for the default 737 aircraft, a lot of it would still apply to the PMDG 737 version.Best,

Hi Bryan, Just a quick update. When I bought voice commander, I thought it would be a fun thing to enhance the flying environment while flying offline. Now that I

Do help spread the word about it.
I posted about it in our ZJX ARTCC (Vatsim) forum including the youtube videos, and it's been read 45+ times so far (not a lot, but those are quality hits). I never saw a release notice on Flightsim.com. That's my #2 source after Avsim. How do you have someone do one of those full-blown reviews they post on Avsim? If they have my results, it should make this thing explode.Greg D.

I posted about it in our ZJX ARTCC (Vatsim) forum including the youtube videos, and it's been read 45+ times so far (not a lot, but those are quality hits). I never saw a release notice on Flightsim.com. That's my #2 source after Avsim. How do you have someone do one of those full-blown reviews they post on Avsim? If they have my results, it should make this thing explode.Greg D.
Greg, thanks for doing that!Avsim will be reviewing it.I hope to get the new PMDG 737/ 737PIC videos done today.Cheers,