Sign in to follow this  

"Pointing to" existing FS2K2 aircraft from FS9/COF/FS2004

OK -Based on what I've read in the forums, for those installingFS2004 on the same computer as our existing FS2K2 installation,the add-on scenery folder can just be "referenced" to by FS2004.In other words, we do NOT need to copy/install our existing FS2K2scenery to the FS2004 installation area. There may be somescenery exceptions, however.My question is if we can reference/point to/shortcut our existingFS2K2 aircraft folders in FS2004. What I'd like to do is ratherthan copy the same aircraft into the FS2004 installation folderarea, simply make a shortcut in the FS2004 installation are tomy existing FS2K2 aircraft. This will save disk space.When I'm read to move fully yo FS2004, I'll delete theseshortcut files in the FS2004 area and __move__ the FS2K2aircraft to the FS2004 area.Any thoughts?JerryG

Those with COF/FS9 should add the fine Piarco, Trinidad/Tobago scenery and tell me what they see. Does the COF/FS9 runway run beneath the taxiiway? What does Emma Field look like? Just *how* transportable are these things? A little bird keeps whispering to me that we all have work to do--which is not a bad thing.And those wonderful 3D clouds come at the expense of some other things unless you're at 3+Gigs with your CPU, which might be why they're offered as a percentage of the 2D clouds, says the bird.And now, the "massive" texture slider is moved from the Settings/Display/Aircraft to Settings/Display/Hardware. Hold on to your CPUs, says the little bird, 'cause if you want pretty planes, you also get pretty scenery and pretty clouds.I have one thought on your aircraft postulation, but many here think me the guru of mis-information so don't believe any of this.First off, the COF/FS9 planes have VC cockpits that function, FS2002 AC do not. Second, there's the issue of gauges, which aliasing the individual aircraft to COF/FS9 may or may not solve. I know certain gauges *will not* work in COF/FS9 because a little bird told me.Finally, the "advertised" transport of FS2K2 aircraft into COF/FS9 is, to quote Microsoft: "possible if the designer/developer adhered to the SDK (Software Development Kit)" which sadly but understandably not all honorable freeware designers bother(ed) to do.Responsible/respectable folk like Flight1 have already begun issuing two versions of their new aircraft, and that same chirpy little bird told me it works flawlessly.There's two cents from the guru of mis-information. It's all a lie, and the little bird is a dream.