Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Capt Sim Purchases

I recently purchased the B727, 757 and C130 during the last sale.I had put the purchase off due to the negative comments in various forums.I am really pleased with all three aircraft.Well done Capt Sim.Dave

I recently purchased the B727, 757 and C130 during the last sale.I had put the purchase off due to the negative comments in various forums.I am really pleased with all three aircraft.Well done Capt Sim.Dave
Same three that I got! And I was very positively surprised, too.

Isn't it a shame that it works this way?I also bought 3 titles for the first time and am more than pleased.

Guest PPSFA
Thats one of the problems with forums, everyone has an opinion and each have different issues, thats why everyone should do their own research and not always listen to the nay sayers. I've been enjoying CS planes for a long time now, welcome to the group :(

Well I guess the best thing we can do is share our experiences with these aircraft. I am looking forward to the B707.....kind of a steam engine guy at heart.

Thats one of the problems with forums, everyone has an opinion and each have different issues, thats why everyone should do their own research and not always listen to the nay sayers. I've been enjoying CS planes for a long time now, welcome to the group :(
The nay sayers sometimes encourage me to buy just to see if it is as bad as they say-and rarely do I find that it is the case except a very few exceptions.It does give credence to the developers that state the inevitable negativism that invariably follows a new release-much of it unjustified or inaccurate, is hurtful not only to the developers, but the community.

I agree. I purchased the 727-100, -200, Freighter, and also the C-130 Full Pack. These were two aircarft that I had thought of purchasing before, but never did because I didnt think I would use them much, as well as the negative comments I see posted about Capt Sim all the time.Now that I have them, I absolutely love both of them. They are both great a/c and a lot of fun to fly. I got a lot for $60 the other day.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Looks like most of us bought the same airplanes : 727-100 and 200, 757 base + 300, C130 pro !i do not care much for freighter.. :( Also must thank Captain Sim on their customer service : i first bought the 757 then 12 hours later the 727 and lastly the C130 1 hour before sale closing; i unfortunately press the check out button too soon and realised afterwards i had purchased the 727 base AGAIN with the C130 !!! :( I issued a ticket early this morning and Paypal noticed me of the reimbursement this afternoon :( the only thing i regret now is not having purchased the 767.... but i already own the LevelD !!Alain form Montreal

It does give credence to the developers that state the inevitable negativism that invariably follows a new release-much of it unjustified or inaccurate, is hurtful not only to the developers, but the community.
Keep in mind the "bell curve" holds true here as well as elsewhere: there will always be about 5% that love it, and about 5% that loathe it, with about 90% being happy with it... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Nick_N
The nay sayers sometimes encourage me to buy just to see if it is as bad as they say-and rarely do I find that it is the case except a very few exceptions.It does give credence to the developers that state the inevitable negativism that invariably follows a new release-much of it unjustified or inaccurate, is hurtful not only to the developers, but the community.
Then there is the clever head games played which usually start out with a catchy

NickN, that has been Hollywood's moto for years: " Say anything good or bad about me, but never the less say something about me " LOLAlain from montreal

Then there is the clever head games played which usually start out with a catchy "high interest" thread title which makes some kind of derogatory statement in a unfair compare of one product over another, which is then feed/fueled by the member comments and in the end becomes a marketing front for a developer to use in order to gain interest for one product over another. Its unfortunate many cant see these things when they read and are manipulated one way or another in the process, including the website forum hosting the nonsense.That also includes in some cases the established 'alternate username' account abuse which I know many of those, where a dev or staff, or a really excited user, uses another account to add fuel to the threads and keep the comments going, or, if the thread or the comments in it appear not "in their favor" start the "opposing view" comments. real silly crap and it goes on all the time.
Sure wish you, and anyone else who knows these names would send me a PM with them. Be nice to get a little help around here when people know stuff like that.

Guest Nick_N
NickN, that has been Hollywood's moto for years: " Say anything good or bad about me, but never the less say something about me " LOLAlain from montreal
Of course.. But we are not talking about millions of dollars at stake when playing the hollywood publicity game. This is supposed to be a fun hobby and what it is spiraling down into is a low-level business game using any means necessary to use forum topics which sometimes trash other market offerings in the process, sometimes its just used to draw attention. As was posted in this thread a lot of addons like these planes get a bad view by the public who have never tried or used them and go either unnoticed or reputations are tarnished ... not always, but sometimes because of low-grade behind the scenes in forum game playing. I dont mind honest opinions and discussions.. what I do mind is how that is manipulated and usedIt usually comes around right about or within a few weeks of a product launch.. its open season
Sure wish you, and anyone else who knows these names would send me a PM with them. Be nice to get a little help around here when people know stuff like that.
Tell ya what.. next time I see one here, I will shoot it to you. Where those usually come up is in the heated threads,, Its far better to deal with it in the moment and nail them publicly so everyone knows who is playing games than to do it without everyone else knowing what is going on. There is no deterrent to stop playing those games if all you do is kill the account. This is not the only forum that goes on either.

Tell ya what.. next time I see one here, I will shoot it to you. Where those usually come up is in the heated threads,, Its far better to deal with it in the moment and nail them publicly so everyone knows who is playing games than to do it without everyone else knowing what is going on. There is no deterrent to stop playing those games if all you do is kill the account. This is not the only forum that goes on either.
I appreciate it, I'm sure everyone else here will too.

Of course.. But we are not talking about millions of dollars at stake when playing the hollywood publicity game. This is supposed to be a fun hobby and what it is spiraling down into is a low-level business game using any means necessary to use forum topics which sometimes trash other market offerings in the process, sometimes its just used to draw attention. As was posted in this thread a lot of addons like these planes get a bad view by the public who have never tried or used them and go either unnoticed or reputations are tarnished ... not always, but sometimes because of low-grade behind the scenes in forum game playing.
That is the saddest part, when money is involved, some individuals will stop short of nothing to achieve their goal... Millions dollars or penny, greed is greed...
I dont mind honest opinions and discussions.. what I do mind is how that is manipulated and usedIt usually comes around right about or within a few weeks of a product launch.. its open season
Me, call me naive but i try to see good side of everything or everybody and so far after over 46 years, this has serve me good; there is here at avsim forum alone, more good exchange than bad, fortunately.. when developper such as you take time to express opinion and praise other people's work, there is another proof that good intention and will to help others in our hobby will keep it alive and well ?! :(Sincerely, thank you Nick.Alain from Montreal