Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Fix for 16 bit 3d panel corruption problem.

I have discovered what to do when I get this corruption of the panel. I won't describe what the problem looks like - those who have it/get it will know what I am talking about.There are other fixes - such as running in 32 bit mode. But I find that too expensive in the FPS department for my machine. For some reason , I get a significant knock when running in 32 bit. Facing north in the default C172 flight at Meigs, I get FPS of around 40 when in the full screen 2d panel mode and using 16 bit -- only 25 when using 32 bit.Anyway the "fix" I have discovered is this -- by dragging the sides of the panel inwards a very small amount - maybe 1/32"- the problem goes away for that flight and that aircraft for the complete flight.By doing this , I can run in 16 bit and keep my nice FPS.Hope it helps others.Barry

Guest racartron

That appears to be a fascinating solution. How in the world did you stumble across it?BTW, haven't tried it yet, but certainly will as my antiquated system needs all the FPS help it can get.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

On my system , this problem is intermittant - it seems to appear after I have been somewhere else , like the spot view,etc. With some aircraft , I can start up in 2d panel, then switch to full screen mode and have no problem at all -- until I do something else which appears to trigger the problem. Of course, the "set" of circumstances which cause this problem are well known - AA, full screen, 2d panel, text onscreen- and have to be evident before the problem appears.Anyway, I "accidently" moved my panel once and instantly the problem went away and stayed away. No matter what I did , I could not get it to re-appear. After that, a little experimentation with the panel - moving , resizing, etc - I discovered that by dragging the sides of the 2d panel inwards just the tiniest bit while in full screen mode stopped the problem and prevented it from appearing again during that flight with that a/c.Now, when I am preparing for a flight - setting Takeoff trim , etc - I just manually resize the 2d panel while in fullscreen mode - and I am not bothered by the problem during the flight.Great FPS now - around 40 while flying around Meigs!!Barry

Guest Gordius

Thanks Barry. I have always just stuck to 32-bit partly for that very reason. Looking forward to trying it tonight.

Another way, is to drag the scenery all the way to the bottom of the screen. Move the panel a bit, drag the bottom end of the scenery down and move the panel back over top..

Bert

Hi,Another trick, which helped me at least with the MAAM R4D (DC3) andRAS SF260 is to add the following row in the panel.cfg in the sectionWindow00 ->-> surrounded by bracketsrender_3d_window=1Regards,hm

>Another way, is to drag the scenery all the way to the bottom>of the screen. Move the panel a bit, drag the bottom end of>the scenery down and move the panel back over top.. This is not a very good "fix" because it alters the perspective of the view through the c'pit window . Been there - done that!! :)Barry

>Hi,>>Another trick, which helped me at least with the MAAM R4D>(DC3) and>RAS SF260 is to add the following row in the panel.cfg in the>section>>Window00 ->-> surrounded by brackets>>render_3d_window=1>>Regards,>>hmI tried this "fix" once - but found that it did some "funny" things to some a/cBarry