Sign in to follow this  
Guest jtry14

Part 2

Guest jtry14

Seems it got locked?

Newer video

Jtry,Why do you keep starting these threads and then we don't see you until it gets deleted or locked?????

I don't know who did this but it's a nice looking model :) Main gear doors are modelled a bit different than my PMDG 747-400X. The gear themselves look identical although it could just be the texturing and the fact it's the same plane pretty much. I see a lot of bumpmapping going on too. Noticed the painted area around the tailcone for the APU is not dirty (exhaust stains) like the 400X also. I guess he cleaned up that area :) . New main wings also with a lot of flex and droop like the 400X although from the vids you don't see them actually move. Just compared the 2 vids of the landing and the taxi. Obviously the extended upper deck. Lots of nice texturing on the engines as well. Larry Falcone

Doesn't mean much when the flightdeck probably looks like a 4 year old created it. The PMDG guys stated they did not create it so the guy/girl who did is probably just trying to drum up some interest in there product by using the logo of well known company. If the product is that good then why dont they stick there own logo on and post some detailed clips on the main avsim forum.And I dont think jtry14 created this, from his past posts back in Jan he didn't even know what fsuipc was.Rob

Rob Prest

Doesn't mean much when the flightdeck probably looks like a 4 year old created it. The PMDG guys stated they did not create it so the guy/girl who did is probably just trying to drum up some interest in there product by using the logo of well known company. If the product is that good then why dont they stick there own logo on and post some detailed clips on the main avsim forum.And I dont think jtry14 created this, from his past posts back in Jan he didn't even know what fsuipc was.Rob
Nice catch Rob,Cheers!!

The PMDG guys stated they did not create it
Out of curiosity, where did they post this statement? Not questioning it, just that I've been eyeing the threads about this topic here and on other boards looking for just that... I did see Tabs' post stating they'd requested the vids be taken down; was hoping for something definitive in addition to the "someone's having fun with us". Thanks!It's too bad- a 748i/f from these guys would have gotten my money! :(

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Never mentioned anything about the flight deck :). I'm just an amateur modeler working in c4d for a bit. It's a nice "exterior" model. J/king. I've no clue why he did it but I can't believe it's another company/person trying to cash in on the pmdg name. Is anyone so stupid to try something like this in the age of the "lawsuit". ? Who knows. I would like it to have Been a pmdg plane. Wishful thinking maybe. Maybe he/she is looking for a job and this is his "application" lol Larry falcone

I looked up his profile earlier today also. Doesn't seem like he has the experience to be connected to something like this , no offense to him. I don't know much about simming in the heavies. Just started working with the fmc's myself. Maybe he just stumbled on the vid. Odd how he never replies to his own posts though. A phantom poster lol here one post gone the next. :) I still see 6 vids on YouTube though. Did they put the 2 removed ones back?Larry falcone

Out of curiosity, where did they post this statement? Not questioning it, just that I've been eyeing the threads about this topic here and on other boards looking for just that... I did see Tabs' post stating they'd requested the vids be taken down; was hoping for something definitive in addition to the "someone's having fun with us". Thanks!It's too bad- a 748i/f from these guys would have gotten my money! :(
These are straight from the big guy's keys:"Guys,Someone is playing games with us here obviously - we're trying to manage the situation the best we can. We have contacted youtube but so far only two of the videos got removed for some reason. We've received no response from them on the others.Ryan Maziarz"

Guest jtry14
Nice catch Rob,Cheers!!
Mr Badaboom, Good eye, yes a very eager young FSsimmer i was, having problems with FSUIPC. I can honestly say i did NOT create this Boeing 748!Keep your eyes open though, for changes..

So how come this fellow simmer is not signing their name but PMDG isn't getting all over this forum and blocking it? This is so suspicious. It could go both ways... PMDG could have created this but they may have not either.Taylor Oldham

No matter where you go..................................There you are............ Buckaroo Banzai
One of my favorite quotes and movies! :(