Sign in to follow this  
Guest muppi123

F18

Guest muppi123

Greetings all,I have a problem with the default Acceleration F18 three blank MFD's and switches that should operate but don't, the HUD is working, all electrics are on engines on nothing on the MFD's when I try to click a switch the cursor changes to a pointing finger or a fist the switch does not move.I have Active sky X and various other addons, but nothing that would effect the lighting up of the MFD's, there is one panel cfg the FA18.dll and fs9gps cab in gauges.I read some where that simconnect could be the culprit I have two simconnect dll's I tried as suggested to delete the older of the two, that made no difference, as the older one I had deleted came back as soon as I opened active Sky x.would someone be good enough please to shed some light on this problem.thank you.Dave.

Hmmm, I remember a few people having similar issues when it first came out with Accel, you can try the "unofficial" forum here:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php...6&board=4.0

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest muppi123

Hi ryanbatcund,Thanks for the link, the "Fix" does seem a bit hit or miss of which I have tried most of them from disabling my anti virus to uninstalling to installing, repairing deleting simconnect.dll's of which I have two residing in winSxS as soon as I load Active sky X one of them reappears the second one appears as soon as I launch FSX.I am suprised Microsoft have not sorted this out but simply left it to trial and error by it's customers of which I am one with the problem remaining.Thank You,Dave.

Guest muppi123

I now have all MFD's up and running, this was my own fix as I had tried everyone else's fix to no avail, I had three folders in winSxS 86x Microsoft Flight simulator Simconnect ............. two of the folders had simconnect dll's the third empty.I went to the MFSX SDK folder sub folder Lib and opened the resident SDK exe, the empty folder had a simconnect dll and this solved my blank MFD's a missing simconnect dll after days trying to sort this out a long shot worked.Now I have work out how to use the MFD's.cheers,Dave.

Had same issue, found a tiresome fix after a long struggle (you know my pain). I did the following: manually delete the SimConnect folders, delete Accelleration, defrag and optimize (using Smart Defrag), re-install SP1 (could

Guest muppi123

Hi, Thank you for the Congrats, OK when you installed FSX and or SP1, SP2 etc you should see a folder possibly in your C drive called Microsoft Games and a Sub Folder called Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK or do a search for this folder.Once located open the Sub Folder SDK, open that folder to the folder Core Utilities kit, sub folder Simconnect SDK, sub folder lib the simconnect exe is in this folder.How many Simconnect folders in winSxS do you have my problem was a missing simconnect.dll your problem could be completely different, I feel mine was a fluke fix as at this point I was about to delete the F18 from my Sim completely pointless keeping it without a cockpit that worked.Good luck,Dave.

Thx. Must add to my story, that I recently did a re-install (and moving FSX from my E-drive to my C-drive to make sure I didn