Sign in to follow this  

Dreamfleet 152 Question about reality of flight dynamics

Guest lawyerpilot

Hey all!I am likely purchasing a Cessna 152 or Piper 140 in the RW in August to tide me over until I can afford a 60's-70's model Cherokee Six. My question is, are the flight dynamics of the 152 similar to the real version in terms of power? Needless to say I don't want to purchase a plane that climbs at 500 fpm with two passengers in the summer, because that is not realistic. Does it perform like a two seater with a 110 hp engine or a four seater with a 160 hp engine? It should climb like the former or it is not accurate.

The 152 is actually a "Flight 1" release, with panels by Dreamfleet. From what I've read so far, the 152 is as "gutless" as the real one. :)L.Adamson

Hi there,unfortunately I don't own the 152 yet but my experience with Dreamfleet is that they provide extremely realistic flight dynamics.I own the Archer (that one I have flown in real life) and I'm very pleased with the performance and feel in comparison to the real thing. However, I've never flown a 152, only 172's, Archer's and Arrow's but I understand what you mean about density altitude and the little 110hp the 152 has. You may want to ask that question over at the dreamfleet forum, I'm sure that people will help you out there.Here's the link:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforu...&conf=DCConfID1Hope this helps,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

As you know, several factors affect RW climb rates including passenger/baggage weight, amount of fuel, and something called "Density Altitude" which is an expression of how air density is affected by the air pressure, temperature and humidity. The density of the air is reduced by decreased air pressure, increased temperatures and increased moisture. A reduction in air density reduces the engine horsepower, reduces aerodynamic lift and reduces drag.The above factors make your question difficult to answer completely at best.I haven't fully digested my Flight1 54-page Cessna 152 manual yet but those folks are very proud of their flight dynamics. I have not yet flown the little plane from a high desert field on a hot summer day but at sea-level here in a humid Florida she feels very much like I remember my Cessna feeling--underpowered and sluggish.Likewise, the flight dynamics have that "float" I remember so well when learning to land the thing on the numbers.It is my opinion the Cessna 150/152 is what it is and if you aspire to a 6-seater with some muscle you'll be unhappy with anything less.And the Cessna-152 is much less. It, like the Piper Cub, is a trainer at heart but a friend to anyone looking to break free from earth's bonds and soar affordably as the crow flies. I've actually been flying into a Dallas Headwind above I-35 and watched cars below passing me. I loved my real Cessna 150 (pictured) but in some ways, I love my new Flight1 version even more. :-) http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/23514.jpg

Guest lawyerpilot

Mike, Yes, I was looking for the density altitude performance reduction.ASEL-Commercial-Instrument 275 hours>P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -251 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

>Yes, I was looking for the density altitude performance>reduction.That would be expressed in a graph you're hunting, but I didn't see one in the Flight1 documentation. >ASEL-Commercial-Instrument 275 hoursI'm just a cheap-seat ASEL-private-VFR with an expired medical ~662 hours and lots of happy memories landing in hayfields and on the un-paved runways in West Texas.>>P4 1.8>768 ram >80 gig hardrive>Visiontek Ti4 4600>CH yoke/pedals>Elite Multi quadrant>19" inch monitor->Soundblaster PCI 512>Win XP>Athlon XP 2.7768 RAM160 Gig HarddriveATI 7500 VideoLogitek Wingman Force 3D (like helicopters)CH Pedals19" MonitorSoundblaster AudigyWin XP;-)Good luck to you.Buh bye!