Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG MD-11 Advanced Tutorial 1 released

Okay, I found a bug. Use the FMC keyboard only guys ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest DjGambit

I just wanted to say Thanks and that you rock. Thanks to you I went from being a decent MD-11 pilot to being a lot better than I was. Thanks again.CJ.

Guest Zenra
Where tutorial says ENTER "-49/HD40 at LSK6L. Comes back with says NOT ALLOWED?Please explain, thanks?
Enter "-49/HD040"

Zenra, thanks a lot mate ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Just tried the advanced tutorial flight today and nearly got crazy: When trying to enter the ZFW I always got the message "Entry out of range". For about half an hour I tried nearly everything to solve this issue (except a fresh install of FSX :( ). Then I remembered, that when using tutorial 1 (from EGLL to LSZH), according to the tutorial I changed various settings under Add-Ons/PMDG/Options, e.g. from lbs to kg. Changing this again solved the problem and I had a wonderful flight to JFK!May be you should change this in the tutorial to prevent other people from getting crazy.Otto

Guest primusMas

Can anyone help about download link ?

Enter "-49/HD040"
I'm also having trouble getting this to work, "-49/HD040" doesn't work either, just says "Not Allowed". :(

Enter -49/H040That will work then H or T then 3 figure heading, (You can also leave off the leading 0 if you wish). Also don't forget to add c or f to the temperature either.John Ellison

I wonder if the second advanced tutorial is still in progress, do not hear much about it. Im not asking for release dates, I just want to know if it will be released or not. Thanks in advance

Asier Azpiazu

I wonder if the second advanced tutorial is still in progress, do not hear much about it. Im not asking for release dates, I just want to know if it will be released or not. Thanks in advance
I'm wondering about the 2nd advanced tutorial also.hmmmm. Batting%20Eyelashes.gif Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi there, I have a question;When I fly the adv tutorial, after take off, when you have to vector 110, I cant get the plane to vector to that heading. There is a button above the heading selector; trk and hdg, what does it do? Also, after I apply 75% power and pressing the auto flight Im not always getting the t/o thrust message. I get the t/o clamp instead and the rest of the messages on the PFD get messed up i.e. I sometimes dont get the messages I suppose the get according to the tutorial. How can I make sure that I do the take off procedure right? What should I look for? I can do the easy tutorial, everything works there although I had problems with the t/o messages also. Can anybody help me with this?

Hi there, I have a question;When I fly the adv tutorial, after take off, when you have to vector 110, I cant get the plane to vector to that heading. There is a button above the heading selector; trk and hdg, what does it do? Also, after I apply 75% power and pressing the auto flight Im not always getting the t/o thrust message. I get the t/o clamp instead and the rest of the messages on the PFD get messed up i.e. I sometimes dont get the messages I suppose the get according to the tutorial. How can I make sure that I do the take off procedure right? What should I look for? I can do the easy tutorial, everything works there although I had problems with the t/o messages also. Can anybody help me with this?
You need to pull the heading knob to select the heading. The HDG/TRK button (I think) tells the A/P to follow either the magnetic heading or the track. If the auththrottles don't engage at 75%, just keep increasing the throttles until they engage.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The HDG/TRK button (I think) tells the A/P to follow either the magnetic heading or the track.
The HDG control is to fly only with whatever your Heading is set at. The TRK selection is for following the flight plan. Using the TRK may vector you too far away from the TRK so you may have to use TRK in order to intercept the flight plan TRK. I would thoroughly reccomend the 'AoA' course for getting the best out of the MD-11.

Dave Taylor gb.png