Sign in to follow this  
Guest PolarB744

How to get KG of fuel displayed on the upper EICAS

Guest PolarB744

How to display total Fuel on the Upper EICAS as KG instead of LBS.MY present system is Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit.I only mention this is because on my prior system it worked just fine. And that was Windows XP professional 32 bit.I tried to change it to Kg unde,r Add-ons, PMDG, Options, Various, Weight Indicators KG. And for some reason it always tends to go back to LBS.Thank you,Karel

How to display total Fuel on the Upper EICAS as KG instead of LBS.MY present system is Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit.I only mention this is because on my prior system it worked just fine. And that was Windows XP professional 32 bit.I tried to change it to Kg unde,r Add-ons, PMDG, Options, Various, Weight Indicators KG. And for some reason it always tends to go back to LBS.Thank you,Karel
Hi Karel, Question for you. After you change it, does it show correctly as KG right after? I ask because you mention that it "tends to go back to LBS". If it's working in that case, then it's most likely due to you changing panel states. I am pretty sure that information is carried into a panel state changes so if your set to KG, then load a panel state that was saved with pounds, then you will now be looking at pounds, that's how it is on the MD-11 anyway.Hope this helps.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Karel, Question for you. After you change it, does it show correctly as KG right after? I ask because you mention that it "tends to go back to LBS". If it's working in that case, then it's most likely due to you changing panel states. I am pretty sure that information is carried into a panel state changes so if your set to KG, then load a panel state that was saved with pounds, then you will now be looking at pounds, that's how it is on the MD-11 anyway.Hope this helps.
You can also try in the FS International Settings setting the system to "Metric (Altimeter in feet)". This affects other planes such as the LDS 767, it may work for the 747?Cheers,Rudy

You can also try in the FS International Settings setting the system to "Metric (Altimeter in feet)". This affects other planes such as the LDS 767, it may work for the 747?Cheers,Rudy
Yes, use the metric blend in FS, with all metric except for the Altimeter which is in feet. Let us know if this solves your issue. I agree about panel state files overwriting current so make sure you start FS change to the "blend" restart and then set up your own NEW panel state files to prevent any leftovers......

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Are you running flightsim as a administrator? I had the same problem until I discovered that I didn't. Right click fs icon and select "run as administrator", or right click and select properties and check "run as administrator" (under compatibility tab) then you always run it as administrator.

Stian Beinset

ENML

Guest PolarB744
Hi,Yes, After I change it, KG is shown right after.I just realized that this setting is for the FMC to display all weights as KG. So this works fine. Now for the upper EICAS to display Fuel in KG to match the FMC is the problem.I will be checking the other settings when my computer comes back from the shop. I will post the result then.Thanks everyone,Karel

Guest PolarB744
Are you running flightsim as a administrator? I had the same problem until I discovered that I didn't. Right click fs icon and select "run as administrator", or right click and select properties and check "run as administrator" (under compatibility tab) then you always run it as administrator.
Ok, I just got my computer back and tried all that was suggested here to fix problem.And I must say you guys are all geniuses, because it works fantastic.Thanks again everyone,Karel