Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Alternative sound package

Hi,I love this a/c but I never liked the default external engine sounds so I'm looking for an alternative sound package. I noticed TSS (Turbine Sound Studios) have 3 different sound packages (one for each engine type) they say have been tested with the Level-D 767. Is there someone who have tried any of these sound packages for the FSX version of the Level-D 767 and can confirm they work and also please comment on their quality compared to the default sound.If of importance I'm running FSX SP2 on a Windows 7 x64 rig.TIA,

Richard Åsberg

Hi,I love this a/c but I never liked the default external engine sounds so I'm looking for an alternative sound package. I noticed TSS (Turbine Sound Studios) have 3 different sound packages (one for each engine type) they say have been tested with the Level-D 767. Is there someone who have tried any of these sound packages for the FSX version of the Level-D 767 and can confirm they work and also please comment on their quality compared to the default sound.If of importance I'm running FSX SP2 on a Windows 7 x64 rig.TIA,
Hi Richard - I have both the GE and PW packages and I particularly like the PW sound as it has its recognizable "hum" when in idle. Christoffer of TSS has done a great job of capturing the 767 sounds and I am thinking of purchasing the RR package and adding to my 767 experience. I use Vista64 and have not had any issues with sound.

\Robert Hamlich/

OK, thanks alot - I will try the GE one first I guess. I read one user comment on SimMarket's website that the spool-up sound was looping in an unrealistic way during startup of the engines, did you ever notice that?Anyway considering the low cost of this "addon" I'm looking forward to try it out myself during the weekend!

Richard Åsberg

OK, thanks alot - I will try the GE one first I guess. I read one user comment on SimMarket's website that the spool-up sound was looping in an unrealistic way during startup of the engines, did you ever notice that?Anyway considering the low cost of this "addon" I'm looking forward to try it out myself during the weekend!
Perhaps one loop but nothing to write home about, I am not that fussy. GE package is a good start though. Thinking about the soundpack for PMDG MD11 and 747 now to go along with the RR package for LVLD. Have a good weekend.

\Robert Hamlich/

Bought the GE package and just tried it out and I'm very pleased so far, much better than the default sound set and finally I have got rid of the default external engine sound that in my ears never sounded even close to realistic.You have a nice weekend too!

Richard Åsberg

Bought the GE package and just tried it out and I'm very pleased so far, much better than the default sound set and finally I have got rid of the default external engine sound that in my ears never sounded even close to realistic.You have a nice weekend too!
I thought you would be happy. I broke down and bought both the GE and PW package's for the MD11 and the 747 PW soundset as well and unfortunately only had enough time for a quick start-up, taxi and takeoff. Managed to get to cruise and I have to say that I am impressed with the sound. The youtube vids do not do the product justice.

\Robert Hamlich/

Perhaps one loop but nothing to write home about, I am not that fussy. GE package is a good start though. Thinking about the soundpack for PMDG MD11 and 747 now to go along with the RR package for LVLD. Have a good weekend.
I am very pleased with using each of the TSS sound packages with CS 767s. The RR package is very realistic, but I wasn't aware of a LVLD model with RR engines. The QualitySim sounds with their 757 are excellent too.Keith

Keith Guillory

OK, tonight I did the first "real" flight online with this new sound package (the TSS GE one) and I'm very pleased with everything except for one thing, when I arrived at my destination parking at the gate and shutting down the engines the engine sound just was gone immediately after cutting of the fuel...the engine shutdown sounds never seemed to play.Anyone else noticed this and know how to fix it? I checked in the sound.cfg file and the correct wav files seems to be pointed out and I have checked the wav files by manually playing them and they sound great...they just don't seem to play in the sim for some reason? I noticed there are spaces in the filenames of the shutdown wav files, wonder if that could be a problem but guess TSS would know about that if that indeed was what causing my problem and then don't use spaces...hmm...Well, hope there is a solution to this because part from this the sound package is a huge improvement over the original one!

Richard Åsberg

OK, tonight I did the first "real" flight online with this new sound package (the TSS GE one) and I'm very pleased with everything except for one thing, when I arrived at my destination parking at the gate and shutting down the engines the engine sound just was gone immediately after cutting of the fuel...the engine shutdown sounds never seemed to play.Anyone else noticed this and know how to fix it? I checked in the sound.cfg file and the correct wav files seems to be pointed out and I have checked the wav files by manually playing them and they sound great...they just don't seem to play in the sim for some reason? I noticed there are spaces in the filenames of the shutdown wav files, wonder if that could be a problem but guess TSS would know about that if that indeed was what causing my problem and then don't use spaces...hmm...Well, hope there is a solution to this because part from this the sound package is a huge improvement over the original one!
Richard - You could send an email to Christoffer and ask if the shutdown sound could be stretched out or just play with the sound.cfg file, if there are spaces where there shouldn't be try editing the .cfg to match the sound files. I will have a look myself when I have a chance.

\Robert Hamlich/

This is a old thread but I just got back into flying my old LDS 767. With the TSS sound package, Andre Folker VC texture upgrade and mcphat studios World Airline liveries addons, this plan is brought up to modern quality aircraft. However with the TSS sound packages, I also have the issue with the sound cutting out at engine cutoff. I contacted the developer and he suggested that it might be an issue with memory in the LDS software, because the engine shutdown files play with the other 767 payware. Nevertheless I was wondering if you every found a solution to this issue?

Ive had this issue for years. I finally parked the aircraft. Asked at the Level D forum the answer was no one else is having this issue and finding the cause might be like a needle in a haystack

I did everything, Clean install, Clean Windows install, Different EQ settings. Then the CS767 got released and I just gave up and went to them. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight