Sign in to follow this  
Guest A321

SSW A310

Guest SoarPics

Roger that, Rob.Let's hurry and hang those developers before they have a chance to explain or get it sorted.Sheesh,

Guest A321

Just how many chances do they deserve?Read my post above yours!!!

Guest SoarPics

"Read my post above yours!!!"I read it.Firstly, what is being accomplished with all this conjecture and innuendo? Other than wasting bandwidth. You can "guess" all you want, but that will not get the release sorted any quicker.Secondly, jumping on the guys you wnat to do business with won't endure them to you nearly as much as giving them a chance to get it all finalized. It's a case of the proverbial "cutting off your nose to spite your face".If your "pre-order" involved any kind of monetray payment, then ask for a refund. If not, then what are you out... other than alot of anicipation. And that was your choice.Regards,

Well, they got my money and now no one from SSW is answering any posts and they do not even explain why the forums are down. Don't nobody say they are sleeping either cause it is now 1:25 in the afternoon where they are in Russia and you would think they could at least put something on their main web page explaining what is going on.

Eric 

Guest Tim

HiYep, I think they need to put something up, and explain what is happening. But I am just waiting in anticipation..... However long it takes - I just have too much patience :STim

Hey guys new to the board..i was wondering.. i am able to login just tine.. i see the stuff to download.. though when i click on it.. its always 0kb..anyone else had this problem?...ohh yeah i might be blind but where is their forum the ssw i meanthxBrian

Guest Tinkan

They didn't close their forums, the database got messed up and I see they are awake now and fixing it.

Guest Tim

Hi Brian,Yep that is probably because so many people are trying to download it. I had the prob too like many others. It will work eventually, but I don't think you should risk downloading it as they havent said whether the installation error has been fixed. But the main file size was orginally about 60mb, now it has gone up to 75mb, so it maywell be fixed now. But yep if you keep trying it should work - but bear in mind you have a limited number of times to download itTim

Guest A321

>"Read my post above yours!!!">>I read it.>>Firstly, what is being accomplished with all this conjecture>and innuendo? Other than wasting bandwidth. You can "guess">all you want, but that will not get the release sorted any>quicker.>>Secondly, jumping on the guys you wnat to do business with>won't endure them to you nearly as much as giving them a>chance to get it all finalized. It's a case of the proverbial>"cutting off your nose to spite your face".>>If your "pre-order" involved any kind of monetray payment,>then ask for a refund. If not, then what are you out... other>than alot of anicipation. And that was your choice.>>Regards,>Again you post is so one sided. No one is jumping on them. I just dont belive this???. They can do what they want, but we cant have a say. This fourm makes me sick.. I dont want to start a reveolution but. so they can mess about with release dates, courrped installlers no info as to what is going on, and its seen as jumping on them. As far as im concered, your only seeing a one sided argument. And As usual it falls on the developer side. >Secondly, jumping on the guys you wnat to do business with>won't endure them to you nearly as much as giving them a>chance to get it all finalized. It's a case of the proverbial>"cutting off your nose to spite your face".How many chances have I / wee already given them. Shall I pay when i feel like it??>If your "pre-order" involved any kind of monetray payment,>then ask for a refund. If not, then what are you out... other>than alot of anicipation. And that was your choice.Nobody wants a refund, we want information, or a plane. For god sakes go read the fourm. This is not an SSW bashing post, apart from the thread starter. As for the rest whatever, you can only see your one sided point of view. Jason

Tim,Just FYI, they increased the amount of downloads to 50 to help everyone out, just need the word from them though still.....EDIT: I see they backed the number of d/l's back to 10 so now I am for sure waiting till we get word from them before wasting a d/l on a faulty zip file.Just checked there forum and most messages are gone now for some reason?

Eric 

I'm getting exactly the same problem. I can download the liveries and nav data fine, but if I try to get the base setup I end up with a 0kb zip file.I pre ordered back in April. The delays didn't bother me too much, but the last few days have been absolutely farcical. Late on 14th they tell us there will be one or two more days to wait because of problems with their anti-piracy measures. Ok, that's a pain in the backside but it's not a big deal. One or two more days won't matter.I came home from work last night to find it has *finally* been released. I went to download it but ended up with a 2MB zip file. Looking at the forums I saw others had the same problem. I thought it must be due to high demand on the server. Again I though this wasn't too much of a problem. I could just check back in the morning. This morning I managed to download the setup file, but it was corrupt! Every time I've tried to download since then I've just got a 0kb zip file. I've noticed in the last hour or so the setup file has been taken down from the download list and has reappeared, but it has now grown from 50MB to over 70MB. It still doesn't download correctly though.It's farcical. The SSW main page has not been updated and their forums have been down since this morning. Considering my money has been sitting in SSW's bank account earning interest for over 3 months now I would consider it not only good business practice, but common courtesy for SSW to let us know what is happening and when we can expect to receive the product we have payed for.I also see that we must generate a registration key and send it to SSW for another key to unlock it. How long will that take? What problems are we going to get with that?Did I mention that I have been unable to register at the SSW forums? I tried registering on two different occasions with two different email addresses and on neither occasion did I receive the activation email.So far I have been very patient with SSW, but it is beginning to wear very thin now. For now my advice to potential customers is to stay well away from SSW until they make BIG improvements in their customer service.

Wow thx for the fast replies guys..ok so good to know that im not the only one having that problem..anywyas fully agree as to what 777 said.. guess better to wait then waisting a download..Brian

Guest SoarPics

LOL... I've been accused of alot of things, but being "one sided in favor of developers" isn't one of them.As I see it, you have two choices... either be pateint and let these guys work out their problems, or contact your CC company. If it's so important to get the download (and that's OK if it is), then you really have no choice but to be patient.As for wanting information... how do you know that what you get will be the truth, or simply something they give you that you want to hear. Either way, it's not gonna put the airplane on your harddrive any sooner.Chill, my friend. I'm not looking for trouble here. Just pointing out the logic of your predicament (and not envious of where you're at right now).Regards,

Guest A321

>LOL... I've been accused of alot of things, but being "one>sided in favor of developers" isn't one of them.>>As I see it, you have two choices... either be pateint and let>these guys work out their problems, or contact your CC>company. If it's so important to get the download (and that's>OK if it is), then you really have no choice but to be>patient.>>As for wanting information... how do you know that what you>get will be the truth, or simply something they give you that>you want to hear. Either way, it's not gonna put the airplane>on your harddrive any sooner.>>Chill, my friend. I'm not looking for trouble here. Just>pointing out the logic of your predicament (and not envious of>where you're at right now).>>Regards,Ok cool, I am also not looking for trouble, but maybe I took your post as unsympathetic, as thats what most people are looking for. We are not looking to recurit SSW bashers, but seeking help and reasuurance that all is well. It makes you feel very nervous when stuff like this happens as to weather your money is going down the drain or not. Nobody wants a refund. and yes your right about the tellingus what we want to hear, but it sometimes helps to hear something rather than nothing. Im Glad that all im worried about is losing money or another long delay, and not something much worse. But it does not install much confidence.No hard feelings... :)Jason

>Nope keep getting that .cab error. I just LOVE how they>disabled the forums. Obviously can't handle the pressure from>us. I guess that one post was right about intentionally>releasing the .exe file with an instalation error to delay>themselves and keep us quiet for a bit. Didn't work cause now>ppl are even more ######. All I can say is these guys are VERY>VERY unprofessionalDo you even have a clue to why they closed thier forums, or are you just yapping? I tend to go with the latter.What a joke.Grow up.:-roll

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3