Sign in to follow this  
Guest presse55

Comments on this proposed config to run FSX

Guest presse55

Here's a config I leaning towards, but I need a bit of help to clean it up!

• Intel i7 920 / 2.66G/8M/S1366
  • Asus P6T X58
  • Memory OCZ 3*2Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
  • EVGA GTX260 896M 216 BTE 576 MHzWD
  • (to be added to an EVGA GTX260 which I already have hidden somwhere Just%20Kidding.gif )
  • Velociraptor 300 16M (for FSX)
  • (add an existing IDE drive I already have for the OS; am I missing something, will my mobo support an IDE drive?)
  • Power: 700W OCZ
  • DVD
  • Antec Case
  • Windows 7 64 bits

I plan to OC the processor to around 3.5GHz, though I will need help for that as I know nothing about overclocking. In the first round of overclocking, I'd like to see how far I can go without changing 'voltages'. I really am starting from scratch with this suff!Comments and suggestions on this config are appreciated.I have two questions:

1. I'd like to run a total 5 screens, 3 or 4 displaying VCs, and 1 or 2 displaying 2D instruments; am I right in assuming all I need to do is add a 3rd graphics card and all should work Okay?
  2. Are the two GTX260s overkill to run the first four monitors, or is there another simpler cost effective way to get support for these 4 monitors?

Thanx in advance!Ron

Running three wide screen monitors on single card, previously 8600 GTS, now EVGA GTX 285 SC, using TrippleHead2Go, now there

Guest CryogenicPilot

The rig looks good.The question I am going to ask you, Presse55, is...What control interface do you plan on using to fly the planes?If you can afford it (and don't have one already), a joystick with a HAT switch and throttle controls (levers, or slide wheel) is a must just to get you started. It is no use trying to fly the planes with a keyboard :( After that, you can upgrade to a yoke, separate throttle quadrants, HOTAS (Hands on Throttle and Stick) systems and other peripherals if you really want to increase the realism of your simming experience.Again, you did not mention if you have any of these already, so this is why I am making this suggestion :(