Sign in to follow this  
jcboliveira

FSUIPC 3 release details

See - all that BS arguing for the last two months over nothing. It's the payware devs that will bear the cost of this this, not the end user. I saw in another post there that the IPC interface will be free to freeware authors as well. So much for the "death of freeware" eh?I've personally never experieced joystick spikes or need to calibrate using the FSUPIC options - I did like the weather options in the 2002 version, but as Pete stated in his post, it remains to be seen if those types of options will even be needed in FS2004 with the new weather system.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest SoarPics

I have no need for the joystick options, but the balance of what is being offered is certainly worth all the work Pete's contributed over the years.I've been using his module for years, so 20 Euros is the least I owe him. Spread that out over the next two years, and it's a pretty sweet deal. Don't know how much FSUIPC will be needed in the new sim, but that really doesn't matter to me. If he offers it, I'll gladly pay him for his efforts (past, present, and future).Cheers, Pete.

Hi!I am a little confused... i have never used FSUPIC for my joystick, weather, or the other features, I basically have it to fly online...So, will FSUPIC V3 not require registration for Squawk box, since it is a freeware program? Just checking...Al

Guest CargoMun

Saying that the payware makers will bare the cost of this rather then the end user is a modified truth though. Wouldnt surprise me to see some passing on the bill and a slight upping in prices for addons that require the module.But oh well it remains to be seen I guess. Apart from ActiveCamera using it, I only use FSUIPC for the taxi wind speed key and a couple others more or less so seems that it would be the end of that then for 20 Euro's :D

It's like this:SB2 multiplayer doesn't work in FS2004. I'm sure that SB3 author will apply for the freeware program key if he needs it.The author should ask for the key. In fact it's a no pain process. Asked my key for fsacars, one hour later got it . Made the necessary modifications in the program to introduce the key. Launched FS2004 and the program worked. The only diference from the usual FSUIPC is that other tabs aren't there.Jos

Guest rogue1

You are absolutely correct. I cannot believe that a payware software developer who needs to obtain a license for using the FSUIPC interface would not pass along this cost to their customers. So, for each package you purchase you are paying a portion of their cost to interface with FSUIPC. This will add up and eventually you will pay more for FSUIPC than a single end-user license would cost. Of course, if you buy the single end-user license, how would a payware developer know that and be able to provide a purchasing scheme to keep you from having to pay for something you already have? I cannot figure out how they would do that, so you'll be paying a lot more the 20 euros if you purchase payware that uses FSUIPC.Just some food for thought.Jim

I find these responses facinating. Why is it in Pete's case there is such an issue with "paying twice".When you buy any piece of software the tools used by the developer have been paid for by them and of course the cost is passed to the consumer. If you buy from two developers that have used the same tool you are paying for the same thing twice.This is exactly the same is it not?RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Yeah thats what I was thinking. He will make thousands and thousands of dollars... 50 people purchase it, you got $1,100. :-eek We can guess that atleast 500 people will buy it, thats $11,000 . Yes. [big] ELEVEN THOUSAND. [/big] That can be 1/10 of a persons whole yearly salary and he will be making that in just a few days.... I for one will not be buying it. Maybe if he cuts that price in half, I will consider... I hope Peter reads this. Also, hopefully this doesn't turn to be one of those plans, get everyone to love that product that you will need to have many features run, then [big]OVERCHARGE[/big] people for it...Key parts of this post:- Five Hundred Customers = Eleven Thousand Dollars.- Overcharge.- Cut that price ($22) in half.--------------------------------------------------------------------Shame.Flame me if you want, $22 is almost half of FS9, no thanks, Peter. I'll spend that money on flying lessons...20 minutes can do wonders, ya know!Jason

hi,I agree with Jason on this one. I can handle the "access key" thing of the freeware version. Unless I start needing fsuipc to fix some sort of bug in fs2004 (such as control spikes or something which right now I dont have problems with) I wont be buying it :-(.Andrew