Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

which view is more realistic (pics)

ok,i told my friend to post me some shots of the VC we cannot agree on which view (from a pilots perspective) is more realistic, A or B.So tell me guys which one do you think is more like what the pilot sees in real lifepic A or pic B.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/23604.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/23606.jpg

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest A32X

Does it not depend on what your focusing on mate? Both are realistic in my opinion.

well we were talkin about where in real life the captain sits in relation to what he see from his sitting position, does he see more of the panel (:( or more of the outside (a).

>well we were talkin about where in real life the captain sits>in relation to what he see from his sitting position, does he>see more of the panel (:( or more of the outside (a).>Exactly! On the first pic the captaion is leaning forward, on the second he is more relaxed and leaning back.Wolfgang

Guest CargoMun

I'd say A is more like it since very few captains would be that much laid back during a low visibility landing lol :D

ok so A is the winner!thanks for all the tremendous amount of participants!:-lol

I'd say "B" is more realistic.Why would leaning forward increase visiblity in low visibility conditions? Also, if you are leaning all the way forward like that then your view of all the instruments is hindered.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest lawyerpilot

I flew the 737-400., md-11, 717, and md-90 at flight safety long beach. The perspective is low, but it is also easy to access all panels and see the entire thing in your peripheral vision. 75 zoom is appropriate for landing too.Spent $700, oughta knowP4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -251 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

WOW, that FS2004 VC, nice and un-updated! good job MSFS!

Guest Matthew Murray

B looks more realistic...bu tnot bang on...the pilot is centralise dont he pFD as in both shots...he/she is also just aft of the first sid epillar of the windows...neway catcha layta

-----------------------[bR]Matthew Murray | Project Airbus[bR]

http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

I think 'a' is the most realistic :)

>...very few captains would be>that much laid back during a low visibility landing lol :D :-lol I do hope you are right! :-lol

To get the most realistic seat in the plane when I am in VC mode I will turn my head (the camera) to the side and move the camera back until my head it infront of the head rest or just a bit. You don't fly a plane like you are sitting in a lazy boy, but you I do put my head in the general area of where I would be sitting. That in my opinion is the most realistic view.

Guest cw1011

I would answer with a question. Do you see the frame around your windshield when you are driving? It's likely the same thing for the pilot. Their focus is outside the airplane or down on an instrument - this will put the window frames etc. in the periphery. You are aware of them, but I'm not sure you really "see" them. Colin

>...very few captains would be>that much laid back during a low visibility landing lol hahahahahayea thats why he was on an ILS approach, i think those conditions are IMC, for the Aussies here, that was real weather into Melbourne on Monday night.