Sign in to follow this  
sluggy

REX2004 and Ultimate Water Advanced together?

Hi everybodyThought I'd spruce up the old girl with these two new addons. Got a handle on REX, really nice, looking like FS9.75 indeed!Just 2 questions, what options should you deselect in REX so it DOESN'T install it's water textures? And also, is there any kind of control for Ultimate Water? I can't see any, but how does it select differing water textures? I selected 'realistic' water when it first installed, but are there any other options once it's installed?Cheers, SLuggy

Hi everybodyThought I'd spruce up the old girl with these two new addons. Got a handle on REX, really nice, looking like FS9.75 indeed!Just 2 questions, what options should you deselect in REX so it DOESN'T install it's water textures? And also, is there any kind of control for Ultimate Water? I can't see any, but how does it select differing water textures? I selected 'realistic' water when it first installed, but are there any other options once it's installed?Cheers, SLuggy
HelloI would probably not bother to read the manualAnd as a complete shot in the dark, I would probably try turning off the water textures in REX :(

I would probably not bother to read the manual
That's just silly!...that would involve...reading.. :( Uncheck those options, but if something goes wrong, you can always just reinstall the water textures after you install REX textures.

Guest belga1

Hello,

I selected 'realistic' water when it first installed, but are there any other options once it's installed?
Just reinstall the Ultimate Advance Water and choice Photorealistic instead Realistic.The installation process will overwrite the Realistic textures .... that's all :)AFAIK .. after it's installed it's not other options availables than the ones in FS2004 to set if you readed the Zinertek help :)Regards.santa2.gifGus.

Ahh, thanks for the tips, gents. I actually did read the manual but wasn't sure if the reflectivity option by itself needed to be deselected or not. Thanks GusI also have FE2004 and that had a myriad of coloured water textures. Does UWA only have one? Or does it simply 'do stuff' to whatever textures are loaded?It certainly looked nice from PANC to PHNL at 37,000 yesterday!Cheers, SLuggy

Actually wasn't a bad question, as the REX GUI has a bug for some of us that installs REX water textures even if you uncheck all the right boxes. Happened to me twice. I believe it's being addressed in the upcoming patch for REX.

John G.