Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

The SSW A310 looks like Herald Nehrings freeware A310....

>They've been redone in ds2, sounds great, can you link me>honey ? The old ones are the best, when Fs4 was around the DC8>was my favourite, built by a Swiss gentleman I recall.>>Thanks in advanceHere ya go:http://www.avsim.com/hjg/:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Cheers Shane, Must have crossed post's. Well with these and the Voland 707 320, who needs an overpriced Airbus..I can remember the smell those DC8's and 707's. As kids or younger persons, we got high on the fumes, then held on to something when they took off, the ground seemed to shake for an age. Nobody spoke for about 5 minutes, well they shouted but it seemd as if nobody spoke as you had been deafened ! Oh happy days !CheersAD

If you cannot keep you post clean then go and post elsewhere

hi,Skylane that type of writing has no place here if you wanted to attack someone do it by email or instant messaging but not here.AndrewPS. Thats just about the worst you can do here. That is like a one way ticket to get your account deactivated. EDITED: I edited out the quote from the post you replied to.JP Sandiford

Guest crashing_pilot

>Cheers Shane, >>Must have crossed post's. Well with these and the Voland 707>320, who needs an overpriced Airbus..I can remember the smell>those DC8's and 707's. As kids or younger persons, we got high>on the fumes, then held on to something when they took off,>the ground seemed to shake for an age. Nobody spoke for about>5 minutes, well they shouted but it seemd as if nobody spoke>as you had been deafened ! Oh happy days !>>Cheers>AD well said mate,that captions my sentiments exactly with regard to dc8's and 707's...indeed those were the days....too bad things change sometimes ;-)

Guest crashing_pilot

>correction, I took the trouble to look and there they were on>the front page ! CP Air here we come. Thanks anyway.>>They've been redone in ds2, sounds great, can you link me>honey ? The old ones are the best, when Fs4 was around the DC8>was my favourite, built by a Swiss gentleman I recall.>>Thanks in advanceif i recall correctly they were done by Kim Simmelink,who is still credited in the hjg readme's...he did build a great model of the greatest airplane...afa i'm concerned ;-)in fsi magazine(sorry,don't have the link) there's an interview with the hjg crew,that makes for fascinating reading ;-)

I wonder if my freeware Delta Skins will fit this model as well? I hope so! If Haralds models were used, I hope he didnt change the skinning.eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest crashing_pilot

now that is being positive mr Joiner....i sure hope others read this as well..but to be frank:i don't think they will,cos it got opening doors and everything,and more reflections and details and so on...regards

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

I remember the models Mr. Simmelink created, the one I meant go back even further to FS4...(is it so long ago). I dont remember his name exactly Peter something from Switzerland. In it's day, he was the DC8 man ! The other model at the time I would get so excited about was a Caravelle. Simple times but good, as there were no add on tools as such and definately no damm FMC's, if you didnt have a chart or something to fly around Europe, well it was tough and circuits were about it, still, it taught me to fly virtually and to understand simple navigation. On reflection, all these tools and add on programs, don't teach you anything, in fact they make you lazy.Dont know if you've tried David Maltby's British series ? Fantastic models, well recommended. Take a look here as well, they're ok and they'll speak to anyone including me !http://boacvirtual.totalpilot.com/cgi-bin/...i?board=maltbyd

Guest crashing_pilot

hi,oh that can be...i'm in this game since fs6,so i honestly would not know ;-),but atleast i know who are the dc8 guru's now :-loli'm totally enjoying my sim now with vor-vor and ins navigation...big advantage is you are always busy doing something,even at cruise,instead of pushing a button at 100ft agl and watch your 767,a320 or whatever fly,you have to do it yourself...now i'll admit i have a lot to learn still,but i'm having great fun,with a free aircraft...and i felt better when i first greased my dc8 on the deck then i've felt with any other plane...i do happen to have a bunch of vc10's and bac 1-11's and tridents and so on on my hdd,i've sent David a lot of emails to say thank you...the conway soundset is great to listen to...and i'm slowly but surely dragged away from my previous aircraft:767 PIC...i haven't flown it for 7 months already(maybe i should eh ;-) )do you happen to know Rick Pipers models?he's also got some british classics on his site,they look great,fly great and i use them often as well.i don't have a link,but i do believe David Maltby links from his site,so you should be able to find it ;-)i'll stop rambling now...have a nice weekend

If all it takes is some details, Im good to go. I want to make sure the basic alignment still works. I put a heck of a lot of work into my skins for this model because Harald sliced it up funny. I got it working after a lot of effort. If its fundamentally different then I might alias the panel to the old model. I will only fly the Delta bird. Dont care about Aeroflot. I live in Atlanta.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Delta OC livery is part of the release package.

Eric 

Guest crashing_pilot

forgot to say thank you mate,i've flown your delta skin quite a lot...so here goes:THANK YOU!it's a beautiful painted skin!if i get that plane(err..panel) i will certainly alias to harald's freeware model;it looks great,and it isn't loaded with all that opening doors stuff,that i don't need...i'm flying the bird you know,not playing ground-handler or something :-lol