Sign in to follow this  

GMAX Vs. All the others

Hi - I wanted to know what the difference between Gmax planes and all the others...Is Gmax better? Also, does anyone who know Microsoft stitistics (spelling mistake :(?) know if Microsoft is known to stick to their release dates and what are the chances of the game being released tomorrow? My cousin works at circut city and I ask him every day when FS04 is comming he and he doesn't even know...all he knowz is they got their last FS2002 delivery on 7/10 and they are currently sold out of FS2002 (both standard and pro). I had a friend who since April was betting to me that FS will come out on 7-14 (as EB said), but as we all know and were dissapointed by it was not released on the 14th of July. I am going to leave my bets on the 29th...I highly doubt is will be pushed back farther then the 29th. I really doubt that FS2004 will be recalled at last minuite due to a small minor glitch, lol!

Gmax planes are the standard in FS2002 and the upcoming FS2004 according to Microsoft. However, the aircraft created in Gmax are roughly equal to those created in the new version of FlightSim Design Studio v.2 (FSDS2). Both of these programs offer more FS2002/04-specific features like dynamic shine, reflections, exit animations using the default keys, etc. So to answer, yes, planes created in Gmax (and likewise FSDS2) offer more up-to-date features than those created using older programs. As far as release dates go, I'd be surprised if MS slips the date on us. I don't think MS ever officially said 7/14 for a release date, and in any case they've been saying 7/29 for a long time now. EB seems to have gotten the message 'cause they gave me the same date. I wouldn't even bother asking non-gaming stores like Circuit City, Wal-Mart or anyone else. They seldom seem to be in the loop on these things and almost never get a game the date it's released. Nope, your best bet would be to find a store that IS planning on getting it on 7/29 and pre-order it from them. By the way, there won't be any recall for a minor glitch unless it's a glitch in packaging or distribution because the game has officially gone gold and been sent to the replicator.Soon, my friends, soon!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I would go to EB games but I'm am not for 2 reasons: A) my cousin works @ Circut City and I get a 10% discount :( I have a $30 gift card for Circut City, and I have been planning to use it on FS2004 for a long time...I intend to be at Circut City when they open on the 29th and be the 1st person to get my FS from them!...If they don't have it then I'll go Best Buy, which is accross the street from Circut City and if best buy doesn't have it then its only 10 mins to the mall, and if they don't have it I'll be getting on a plane to Microsoft's headquarters and demand a free copy :)...hopefully for both of our sakes (myself and microsoft) it will not have to come to the last one...it should not even have to come to the second one :)