Sign in to follow this  
Guest RodSilverwood

traffic calls

Guest RodSilverwood

Hey all,I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to identify why most traffic calls are messed up. I use a combination of the existing MS traffic, world AI, Project AI, and my own creation to populate the skies of FS9. Every MS plane from their traffic bgl file where I am alerted to their presence, is the appropriate type of aircraft, like a caravan, or a cessna, or a 737, etc. But it appears that all other traffic calls are wrong, like md-88's are notifed as 737, md-11's as caravan. It's odd to hear a continental 737 being a continental caravan. From my perspective, RC only knows of aircraft types that are original to FS9. I haven't heard recently any mention of a 757 or 767, or airbus, etc. I know it used to be right, and I'll be darned to know what I changed to cause this. Thanks for your consideration,Rod

RC gets the AI information from FSUIPC. Just to be sure go into your FS modules folder and right click on FSUIPC.dll and then Version. Write it down. Then check to see if you have the current version as listed here:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...6d6cd1ba8a494a0. If you need to update this topic has the links to download it. There was a very short release where FSUIPC had a problem with aircraft IDS and it was immediately replaced so check your current version.RC looks up aircraft codes provided by FSUIPC in its p4.csv file in RC4\data. (Do not open the .csv files in Excel or other database/spreadsheet application.) If this file got messed up it could cause the problem you describe but none of your normal procedures would have changed this.The second change might be if you updated the RC4 scripts and audio files from some third party. No errors have been reported to my knowledge on installation of the independent "Meatwater" audio files supplied from AVSIM's file library.Data from AI are in their aircraft.cfg files. If they got messed up in one of your traffic generation applications FSUIPC would report the incorrect data. AI traffic comes from the generated trafficxxxx.bgl files created by your traffic application in I think World/scenery/scenery folder under FS.I recommend you examine what FSUIPC is reporting by running TrafficLook included with downloaded versions of FSUIPC, links at the forum top. Just start up FS with a flight loaded parked at the busy airport of choice. After a few minutes alt-tab to startup Traffic Look. A table will appear showing AI status including ATC identification by aircraft ATC type ID and tail number or flight number. As traffic moves around see if the AI are correctly reported for the region around your airport. If they are incorrect at this point the problem is your traffic package's installed .bgl file or aircraft aircraft.cfg files.If they are correct then start RC making a log as indicated in the instructions at the forum head after loading a flight plan and FS is running with your aircraft parked at the departure airport in your plan. This log file, which includes AI activity, can then be zipped up and sent in by you for analysis by jd.Finally, there is a limit to the number of AI that FSUIPC can accommodate. It is very high but if you really have unnecessary duplicate AI and miscellaneous AI within about a forty mile radius around your airport either FS or FSUIPC might be overloaded. The display from Traffic Look could show that.

Hey all,I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to identify why most traffic calls are messed up. I use a combination of the existing MS traffic, world AI, Project AI, and my own creation to populate the skies of FS9. Every MS plane from their traffic bgl file where I am alerted to their presence, is the appropriate type of aircraft, like a caravan, or a cessna, or a 737, etc. But it appears that all other traffic calls are wrong, like md-88's are notifed as 737, md-11's as caravan. It's odd to hear a continental 737 being a continental caravan. From my perspective, RC only knows of aircraft types that are original to FS9. I haven't heard recently any mention of a 757 or 767, or airbus, etc. I know it used to be right, and I'll be darned to know what I changed to cause this. Thanks for your consideration,Rod
the only want to know what is messed up, is with a log file. instructions pinned to the top of the forum. be sure you click debug before loading the .plnand after you duplicate the problem, be sure to include with the log, the ai traffic call that should have been made, but wasn't or the traffic call that was made that didn't need to be made.with that info, and the log, i can tell why one was given or why one wasn't given.jd

Guest RodSilverwood

Ronzie, Thanks for the details. Just what I was looking for. I have FSUIPC 3.9.3.0 currently, which is the latest for FS9, based on Peter Dowson's page. I thought that it could be an FSUIPC issue, so I had checked that first before posting, sorry for not including that detail in the original posting.Opening the p4.csv file with notepad, and I find what I would expect, with nothing out of the ordinary.A few boeings as an example.B735,737B736,737B737,737B738,737B739,737B73Q,737B741,747B742,747B743,747B744,747B74R,747B752,757B753,757B762,767B763,767B767,767I am using meatwater's audio sets, along with the silent pilot wavs.Trafficlook is a useful tool, but I don't see how helpful it will be in solving the issue. To reiterate, What I have heard is, RC telling me that there is, as an example, a United cherokee, 10-11 o'clock, 9 mi, westbound, at FL360, or whatever the exact order and wording is. I have the information above every aircraft in red font being displayed, w/i 10 miles (MS standard) and I look out the window, and it's a united 737. But it's not a United cherokee. When I first heard a call that was odd, I wrote it down, and did look at the aircraft.cfg file for something that might have been out of place as far as the ui_type code might be. It was easy to look for as it was a FedEx MD-11, and RC called it a caravan. I looked at each of the aircraft.cfg files in the two MD-11 ai folders that I have (only one of which has a fdx texture), and sure enough, it was an McDonnell-Douglas MD-11. After trying unsuccessfully to figure out what I might have done, I came here.JD,I just completed a flight, but halfway thru it I realized it was a poor choice, as it was a short one, and my final cruise altitude was in between most traffic (below most airliners that I noticed this minor issue and above everything else), and I only had one traffic call, and that was one of MS's cherokee's. I have a better flight planned for when I get a chance later on and I will send the zipped log file that will hopefully have an idea as to either a next step, or what I need to fix to set it all right.So thanks for the guidance, and JD, you can expect that email.